SUPPLY BASE MANAGER / Commodity Manager
SBM (Supply Base Manager/ Commodity Manager) holds the responsibility of directly managing and holding accountable all of the suppliers in the Manufacturing Operations Supply Chain. This includes EMS (Electronics Manufacturing Service), ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) & Component Distribution Suppliers who provide; Strategic Sourcing, Manufacturing and Test Design Services, New Product Introduction, Test Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Production Control, Direct Order Fulfillment and Reverse logistics.
Performs cost analysis for major commodities (ODM/EMS transformation, Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, and Fabricated components). Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned suppliers to negotiate highest quality at best value.
Develops new supply sources for cost savings, alternative sourcing, or new technology requirements. Interacts closely with ODM/EMS providers and internal business unit leaders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist management in the development & formulation of objectives that meet organizational strategic imperatives.
- Manage outsourced production plans which minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials, & capital which ensure the most effective return on assets.
- Assure attainment of business objectives & productions schedules while ensuring product standards & quality that will exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Manage EMS/ODM service provider and Distribution Supply Chain to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) through daily interaction and Quarter Business Reviews.
- Drive suppliers through strategic commodity sourcing and management of key materials suppliers and components to support Appliances and Accessories resulting in; risk adverse, Lean-Time component management, AVL expansion to increase flexibility/surge capacity, advantageous component life-cycle management, & transformation/materials costs reductions.
- Drive engagements between EMS/ODM & Tier 1 Distribution Partners to leverage global spend/relationship as it relates to cost, quality, technology alignment, surge capacity, right of return privileges & delivery.
- Facilitate & manage EMS/ODM provider’s execution against forecast, supply flexibility, demand triggered backlog & reconcile unable to ship issues to limit P&L bottom-line impact.
- Measure supplier’s manufacturing operations & supply chain performance to BIC (Best in Class) standards with Cost, Quality, Delivery, Life-Cycle Analysis & Technology Alignment.
- Establish/Maintain contractual supplier agreements; Manufacturing Service Agreements (MSA), Design Service Agreements (DSA), Statements of Work (SOW), & Award Letters (AWL)
- Manage daily material planning/inventory/E&O with suppliers through reporting to ensure sufficient material supply, as well as good inventory control/practices to minimize potential E&O cost reducing liabilities/risk.
- Manage Component Data Integrity: Lead-Time reduction, NCNR approval/elimination, MOQ mgt. & Cost
- Flexibility: Ensure EMS/ODM have sufficient capacity, resources/equipment/capital for every product stage from NPI-Volume production)
- Establish and maintain quarterly pricing (COGs, Transformation Cost, Mark-Up) through AWL (award letter process)
- Engineering change management (ECO, ECN, Deviation, SPI)
SBM/CM work as individual contributors and/or on project teams with other Department Analysts, and Project Managers.
SBM/CM have a core responsibility to ensure Continuous Improvement in pursuit of OpX.
The SBM/CM identify process improvements based on thorough understanding of the business processes and supply chain dependencies.
SBM/CM communicate, explain, and clarify issues with the customer/business groups/divisions, and translate business requirements.
SBM/CM can perform specialized tasks in addition to their core job responsibilities, such as consulting on tools, systems, quality and controls, services, or processes; provide input to system/process design; and/or provide content knowledge support and troubleshooting.
SBM/CM may work on several projects &/or programs simultaneously, managing multi stakeholders, conduct budget &/or headcount planning, business forecasting, constraint analysis, inventory analysis, Plan/POR, benchmarking and departmental indicators.
- Special projects and assignments as required by Management not noted above
This position requires Bachelor’s Degree (Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Mfg. Management, Business Management) ;requires 5+ years related experience in the field of electronics manufacturing/supply chain management & strategic sourcing.
Experienced in utilizing appropriate tools/software (i.e. Agile, SAP, ERP/MRP, Microsoft Office Products) to effectively manage planning/supply chain activities as required. Good knowledge of supply chain planning principles is required. Demonstrated ability to collaborate internally and externally to develop partnerships with key stakeholders is required. Ability to work in a cross functional and cross cultural environment is required. Strong operational and data analysis skills are required. Six sigma/lean experience and certification preferred.
Do Not Use