Information Security Engineer –Endpoint
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, and cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who is defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder, as long as you design things that matter.
As a Information Security Engineer, a typical day might include:
Responsible for the development and/or enforcement of corporate and business group information security policies to protect McAfee's information assets and intellectual property. Participate in the planning, direction, or coordination of cross-corporate, civil, and criminal investigations involving McAfee's information assets and intellectual property in conjunction with law enforcement agencies. Lead or contribute to security risk assessments which determine threats, consequences, and vulnerabilities to business unit key assets, products, and services. Contribute to the planning and direction of security risk assessments to examine and verify security capabilities, behaviors, and controls for authentication, authorization, integrity, availability, assurance, audit, and disposal of McAfee's information assets to determine exposure and compliance levels. Develop and lead corporate level information security awareness and training programs. Research, develop, implement, and maintain security technologies for the corporation. Determine sources of requirements and standards for compliance. Monitor, audit, or execute security controls and tools on one or more of McAfee's computing and communications environments to ensure business acceptable exposure levels to McAfee's information assets and intellectual property on those systems. Recommend and drive additional security controls to meet current and future needs. Create designs and technical specifications that align business needs with technical solutions while considering emerging security technologies. Drive the development of security capabilities within the security industry and McAfee. May be engaged in other information security or risk management projects. Requires thorough knowledge of security practices, procedures, and capabilities in order to perform non-repetitive, analytical work. Provides solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Skills and experience required includes a Thorough understanding of the Information Security Common Body's of Knowledge; CISSP or equivalent experience required.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Management of host security controls, which could include but is not limited to technology solutions like; McAfee ePO for endpoint security administration.
- Work with Information Technology on standup and decommission of office locations as it relates to endpoint and/or network security infrastructure.
- Work with product and IT engineering and architecture teams to verify security is implemented properly, and new network and computing environments meet McAfee security standards and frameworks including review of existing integration of log sources with McAfee SIEM.
- Work with ad hoc teams of members of other Business Units globally as needed; work self-directed to improve security and awareness within the office and region.
- Promote Information Security best practices and enhance cooperation with other Business Units.
- Work with members of the Security Operations Center to assist in ensuring visibility and monitoring capabilities are available for security related events and threat hunting exercises
- Work with members of the Security Operations Center to provide guidance and assist with remediation plans for incidents and discovered vulnerabilities
- Assist with investigations of network and hosts/endpoints for malicious activity, to include analysis of event data, and assist in efforts to detect, confirm, contain, remediate, and recover from attacks;
- Assist in response to global security incidents including coordination and leadership during security incident and malware outbreaks.
- Work with McAfee products to determine new deployment opportunities; provide feedback to the product teams on their products.
- Review network and system logging standards to determine compliance with security standards and frameworks for projects.
- Prepare executive summaries and metrics for product deployments.
- Provide in-depth technical direction and support to proactively identify, track, and mitigate risk to IT systems and operations.
- Create and contribute to Information Security policies, standards, architecture, and supporting documentation.
- Develop partnerships with business and IT functions involved in security and privacy matters, security vendors, and external security experts.
- Performs security maturity assessments for new and existing projects including non-regional/global projects.
- Perform Risk Assessments using McAfee approved standardized methodology.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Security and Risk Management, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years working level experience securing IT systems.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Security Information Security Manager, Global Information Assurance Certification, or equivalent experience.
- Experience managing security projects.
- Experience in a global IT enterprise environment.
- Experience with security incident management.
- Experience with administration and management of Windows, Linux, UNIX, and mobile operating systems.
- Experience with: Real-time monitoring and triage; Cyber intelligence; Network, host, and malware analysis; IPS/IDS Sensor tuning; Custom IPS/IDS signature creation; SIEM experience
- Experience with cloud security capabilities, architecture, implementations, and management.
- McAfee ePO experience is required.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out. Do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Do Not Use