Some of the responsibilities of this positions are as follows:
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve the continuous integration and continuous deployment systems and supporting process.
- Determine software build and integration needs, advise and support developers on solving build and workflow issues.
- Evaluate process effectiveness by tracking and monitoring metrics.
- Participate in identifying and evaluating tools and solutions needed to address areas for improvement in the software development lifecycle.
- Define standards and procedures for branching and merging, packaging, storing, versioning, validation and deployment (apply automation where possible) in order to create efficient release pipeline.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify constraints and solve problems rigorously.
- Collaborate with QA to ensure high quality of released software.
Skills & Qualifications :
- Understanding of Configuration Management, Build & Release management, Agile Development Process and Application Life-cycle Management.
- Administrator or User experience of Source code management tools such as GIT and Subversion.
- Experience with tools such as Docker, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins
- Programming experience with Java or C#
- Proficient with scripting languages such as Perl or Python and authoring automation tools.
- Unix and shell scripting skills (bash).
- Experience with the Atlassian stack an added advantage
- Adaptive to a rapidly changing environment and works creatively with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines
- Must work well in both a team environment as well as an individual contributor
- A service orientated mentality
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or similar field
We are currently seeking a software build / DevOps engineer to join our growing team at McAfee Cork.
Our team supports the design, development and constant improvement of our continuous integration pipeline in support of our enterprise software projects.
We support mission critical systems that are central to McAfee’s success and have a direct impact on the abilities of our products to keep our customers secure. You will work with developers, QA teams, Localization, Validation, Dev Ops and Program managers to design and implement repeatable processes and practices