With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matter.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for improving and maintaining a software development, test and live infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, articulate, have experience with Linux and other *NIX-derivatives, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced development environment. Your primary mission as a DevOps engineer is working closely with the development, technical operations, quality assurance, and product management teams, to ensure the timely delivery of robust technical solutions for McAfee customers and internal teams.
• Support and deploy mission critical, front-end and back-end production
• Improving site performance, monitoring, and overall stability of our infrastructure.
• Interacting with the Engineering for supporting/maintaining/designing backend infrastructure for product support
• Automation of deployment, customization, upgrades and monitoring through DevOps tools meant for Cloud management
• As a DevOps Engineer, building, deploying, and maintaining our cloud environment is your day-to-day focus.
• Automation is a part of your daily functions, so thorough familiarity with Unix Bourne shell scripting and other languages such as Python or Ruby is a critical survival skill.
• Participate in 24×7 operation support and on-call rotation
Required Experience and Skills
• B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of production environment engineering, configuration management, release engineering
• Experience managing web servers (Apache HTTP, nginx)
• Knowledge of Linux systems administration and architecture
• Improve the performance of our web applications and solve scaling issues
• Build tools and automation that eliminate repetitive tasks
• Extensive scripting experience.
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Glu.
• Experience source control tools such as GIT/Github, SVN, or Perforce.
• Proficient working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) like EC2, EBS, ELB, S3, and Cloudfront in a highly available and scalable production environment.
• Experience with continuous integration and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Glu, Salt.
• Extensive experience with Linux and Windows systems, virtualization, and network administration.
• Experience documenting processes, labs and test environments.