At McAfee our mission is to secure Consumers leveraging our product portfolio. We work with major Service Providers -including Telco Operators, MSOs, Mobile Carriers and other ISPs to optimize our products for the needs of our partners.
The Solution Architect (SA) is responsible for developing and managing partner portfolios. Within the McAfee Consumer Division, the SA is expected to effectively serve as both a solution expert and a technical implementation lead.
- To achieve joint partner and McAfee program goals, you as successful SA will position and differentiate our solution in the partner context, understand and detail solution design, integration points and the link between the desired use cases and solution architecture.
- You will contribute to the development of content and messaging of McAfee's suite of products.
- Focus on technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals
- Remote demos and PoC, Partner training and update Solution design and specification, including providing cost / effort assessment to Sales teams Lead Solution direction in Pre-Sales and Delivery phase
- Bring industry knowledge and technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features/benefits and design products to meet specific needs
- Operate as Consumer Security technology expert and thought leader internally and externally in McAfee. Participate and provide consultative support in areas of specialization to other Solution Architects
- You will work on a range of diverse partner implementation projects, requiring the detailed definition of published release requirements (PRDs), matrix team management, partner interactions, and the engagement of appropriate McAfee resources including business development, project management, application engineering, release engineering, web services, and customer/technical support.
- The role includes researching, validating, and prioritizing implementation requirements, documenting market and product requirements and evangelizing the partner management program within the internal organizations. The SA must also apply the above skill-set to assess and recommend partner requested product requirements and enhancements to product managers, program optimization opportunities to business development representatives and partner marketers, and the need for architectural modifications to engineering.
- As the "go to" person for our field teams you will understand the current product offering in detail, deployment models and best practices from successful partnerships, as well as the road map for future product releases. You will have a diverse skill-set, including both a technical understanding of consumer security software (anti-virus, identity, password management, biometrics) solutions and marketing expertise.
- The SA will report to the regional Director of Partner Product Management in the Consumer Business Unit of McAfee.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Excellent written, presentation, analytic, and program management skills.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, is a must for all assignments.
- 7+ Years in customer facing role.
- Good presentation and communication skills are required to both technical and non-technical audiences that range from engineers to executives.
- Proven background in Service Provider and Mobile Operator environments preferably with Security Services or other Consumer Products
- Highly technical and experienced with hands-on IP networking including working with network equipment (routers, switches, firewalls, DPI devices, network management tools, caching etc) . Knowledge of L2/L3 topology design and protocol implementations being deployed in ISPs network (Routers, Switches, CPEs, Firewall, IPv4/6, DNS/eDNS, OSPF, BGP, MPLS, PPP, Radius) and IP based services. CCNA or equivalent CCNP/CCSP or equivalent (advantageous)
- Background of home devices, home routers/gateways and security aspects will be an additional benefit. Systems knowledge in at least one of the platforms: Windows, Unix, Android, iOS.
- Mobile and web services based technology knowledge.
- Education and Experience- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent degree.