Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Bay Area or Portland, OR
Reporting to the CHRO, this hands-on role leads a small team and works closely with the executives of several engineering business units and their leadership teams to drive and enable business outcomes through the development of and execution of our people priorities. This role leverages and integrates all the pertinent expertise and capabilities of the Human Resources function including Total Rewards, Talent Acquisition, Org. Design and Learning and Development to influence and achieve business results. The incumbent will operate as a senior advisor managing complex inter-disciplinary matters. The Director will serve as trusted advisor and advocate to employees, managers and leaders and provides solutions to complex or critical issues involving the workforce.
This individual will also be charged with strengthening the senior leadership team of each function by providing coaching and counsel to executives to further develop their leadership capability and capacity. The ideal candidate will partner with senior executives and leadership teams of the client organizations to design and scale an organization capable of delivering against the strategic goals and objectives of the businesses.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Strong understanding that to build a highly successful organization capable of delivering extraordinary results foundationally starts with people at heart of the business. This individual must be able to bring deep business acumen and the executional know-how of building and growing businesses globally through the ongoing development and supports of its people.
- Ability to match effective HR strategies with business goals and articulate a practical vision for global change as well as the ROI for HR initiatives.
- Significant depth of experience in Organizational Design, Compensation, Talent Management, and Talent Acquisition/Executive Recruiting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative cultural and structural change and global solutions.
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence.
- Ability to partner with leaders on plans related to acquisition integration, including developing and executing against a holistic integration roadmap.
- Strong analytical background with experience delivering data-driven presentations to key business leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or equivalent experience is required with a preference for an advanced degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 12+ years of strategic HR experience in roles of progressively increasing scope in a global or multi-national company. Experience and knowledge of Canadian and Latin Americas employment regulations.
- Experience in a high profile, strategic HR role with heavy executive-level interface and a high degree of executive influence
- Significant depth in OD/Learning, Facilitation, Executive Recruiting and Employee Relations is desired
- In-depth knowledge of HR processes, programs, policies and systems and ability to communicate same to all levels of employees and management.
- Strong knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including but not limited to talent acquisition, employee and labor relations, diversity, talent management, and federal and state employment laws
- Ability to thrive and execute with minimal structure. Navigate within a fast-pace and at times ambiguous environment.
- Business acumen: Experience in developing a strong and deep understanding of the business groups' main goals and challenges then developing or applying solutions to achieve stellar results
- HR and Legal acumen: Experience should include processes, systems, precedence and best practices. Assess issues in the context of an organization’s processes, structures and capabilities to develop holistic organization responses.
- Business consulting skills: Solid design skills for both the organization and its talent. Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals.
- Analytical capabilities: Ability to see the interconnectedness and cycles of all that surrounds you as well as draw accurate conclusions from data and determine appropriate interventions to address business challenges.
- Stakeholder management skills: Excellent contracting and stakeholder management skills with an ability to collaborate across management levels. Experience working with senior management and Executive levels is an advantage.
- Communication skills: Strong interpersonal communications skills, including influencing and ability to encourage evolution.
Leadership/Coaching skills: Strong proven leadership skills and experience in positioning executives to make thoughtful decisions about their organization's mission and goals, and properly allocate resources to achieve those directives.
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Amazing organizations don't just happen. Vision, strategy and innovation come to life through exquisite execution. Help create the future of Intel Security, where our diverse talent and culture provide the competitive advantage to help Intel Security win big!