Amazing organizations don't just happen. Vision, strategy and innovation come to life through exquisite execution. Help create the future of McAfee, where our diverse talent and culture provide the competitive advantage to help McAfee win big!
About the Role and Responsibilities
Title: Software Architect
Location: Santa Clara
ROLE: Software Architect – Home Gateway
At McAfee, we live for the challenge of protecting our customers by staying ahead of the bad guys in our relentless search for safe. And in a world where computing devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee! Do you want to build a software product that can protect millions of homes? Do you cherish the challenge of building a highly-scalable web service? Are you excited about internet-of-things and its impact to the digital home? If the answer is yes, then this role is for you!
We are looking for a software architect with in-depth knowledge of routers and gateways, networking protocols and router software stack. We aspire to hire a hands-on architect who will drive the design and architecture of a highly-scalable, fault-tolerant software solution for home gateways. S/he will be responsible for driving all technical decisions related to the product. S/he will also play a key role in helping define the product road map and features. And fuel the innovation pipeline for the product.
This position is based out of our Santa Clara office.
- Work closely with a cross functional team including product management, engineering, product marketing to formulate the overall strategy, define product features, and drive the system architecture.
- Provide architectural and technical guidance to a global team of engineers.
- Analyze business requirements and lead the design, architecture, and implementation of highly scalable and flexible gateway solution using modern best of breed technologies
- Understand networking platforms and protocols. Design end-to-end architecture involving gateways and cloud solutions.
- Define RESTful services that will be consumed across Mobile devices and gateway platforms.
- Design and analyze workflows spanning across gateway, cloud and Mobile platforms.
- Review code and design as appropriate.
- Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Drive innovation in the team. Help define the next generation of features in the product.
- Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent. Masters/Ph. D preferred
- Min. 15-20 years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of architect experience. Demonstrated experience of designing and taking Gateway products to market.
- Have strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Have a strong working knowledge of Unix/Linux and Embedded Systems
- Have a strong working knowledge of Networking protocols and hands-on experience with Networking tools like WireShark
- Be fluent in various programming languages/techniques including at-least Java, Python, GoLang with hands-on coding experience in at least one of these languages
- Extensive experience in at least one server-side framework: Python/Tornado/Django, PHP, Ruby on Rails, etc.
- Experience in building scalable web applications in cloud-based environments is a plus
- Have excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent job experience.
- Experience working on Agile Scrum project is highly desirable.
- Experience with MySQL/SQL Server or NOSQL/Cassandra/Couchbase is highly desirable.
- Experience designing and scaling solutions with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desirable.
- Experience in ‘Machine Learning’ and ‘Artificial Intelligence’ is a plus
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.