McAfee recently launched as a standalone cybersecurity company with investment from TPG, Intel Corporation, and Thoma Bravo. McAfee is seeking to expand Corporate Development to support the execution and integration of acquired businesses.
The Corporate Development team is responsible for building and executing McAfee’s inorganic growth strategy including M&A, joint venture, strategic OEM, and other forms of strategic partnership. The business has an established track-record of acquiring both public and private technology companies ranging from technology tuck-ins to larger, more transformative deals. The M&A integration function works in a highly integrated fashion with Corporate Development team to conduct due diligence on potential targets, build post-acquisition operating plans, program manage the integration of acquired businesses, and monitor progress against key value drivers.
The Sr. Manager, M&A Integration will ensure the successful program management of Corporate Development transactions. These could include integration of an acquisition, separation of a divestiture, formation of a joint venture, or other similar strategic transaction. The role requires close interaction with the SVP of Strategy & Corporate Development, senior executives, and line leaders within each of the functional groups throughout the company. This person will have a significant opportunity to impact the success of the company’s inorganic growth strategy.
The key responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute the activities from the Program Management Office for one or more simultaneous acquisitions, divestitures or other strategic transactions
- Organize and manage people, process, and deliverables across all business functions to ensure a successful acquisition integration
- Establish integration goals, create roadmaps, initiate work streams, identify require resources, escalate critical issues, and track program progress
- Actively participate in due diligence and construct post-merger operating plans
- Team closely with functional leads to execute all phases of an integration program
- Document, track, and report progress against key value drivers
- Implement best practices and drive continual improvement programs for integration
- Forge strong relationships with colleagues on the corporate development team, business leaders in the organization, and functional leaders throughout the company
The required experience and qulaifications include:
- Minimum 5-8+ years of relevant work experience driving M&A integration programs; experience driving integration at a consulting firm a plus
- Exceptional project and program management skills, demonstrated ability to establish project objectives, build work plans, assemble teams, and deliver results
- Prior experience managing a diverse range of transaction types (including divestitures, joint ventures, and other strategic transactions) preferred
- Maniacal focus on execution and delivering results
- Strong communication skills and highly collaborative approach, proven ability to work cross-functionally within an organization
- Ability to influence people irrespective of position within an organization
- Organized and detail-oriented, comfortable balancing multiple competing projects
- Executive presence, comfortable with senior business leaders and target executives
- Adaptable and flexible operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- High energy, positive attitude, self-starter, and motivated
- Bachelors degree required, advance degree a plus
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
The Sr. Manager, M&A Integration is responsible for leading the Program Management Office for one or more acquisitions, divestitures or other strategic transactions.