We are looking for Software Development Engineers to join our growing Core Cloud Services team at Intel Security - Cork.
The Core Cloud Services team develops systems that provide real time threat information that allow Intel Security to protect its customers in the battle against the bad guys. These systems provide continuous protection to our customers and have a very strong focus on quality. We think big and build big. This role requires a candidate with a passion for software development on a Linux/Windows platform. Our solutions are built to provide 24x7 ‘Always On’ threat intelligence to our products.
Our teams work on cutting edge Cloud technology and are challenged daily to think outside the box and push themselves to achieve breakthroughs in design, programming skill and most of all engineering excellence. Our teams build mission critical systems that are central to Intel Security’s success and have a direct impact on the abilities of our products to keep our customers secure.
Our teams come from a wide range of backgrounds, however all of them share the same core values of problem solving, technical skill and an unshakable drive for quality.
Basic Function and Scope of the Position
- You will be part of the team that is responsible for the Cloud based services that enable protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
- You will monitor the daily progress against the project's backlog and will actively participate in the group and project meetings.
- You will be responsible for assisting in the creation of project backlogs and solution design.
As a key member of the team, your efforts will make a direct impact on the experiences of our internal product teams and millions of customers as we develop a cloud platform using world-class engineering. If you are passionate about Coding, Quality and Cloud Services, we are offering you a unique and great opportunity to build your career with us and gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems.
- You will input into the project plan from a technical standpoint
- You will have ownership and responsibilities for key components within the systems
- You will participate as part of the team in the technical strategies for the projects and product
- You will drive projects to completion as defined by the project plans for areas of assigned responsibility
- You will report to the management team on overall progress for assigned responsibilities
- You will work with team members on matters related to your technical and system specialties
- You will collaborate with other team members on best practices, code review and process improvements to help the team stay productive in delivery of features
- You will present solution architecture to the business leaders to articulate the technical vision
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Must have
- Strong programming skills in C++/C in a Unix-like environment
- Proven ability to work independently; designing, developing and deploying systems to deliver projects on time
- Proven leadership skills, working within a team with diverse skill sets
- Experience in taking an idea from concept through to development and delivery
- Multi-threading and events-based programming experience
- Experience with high availability systems and scalable architectures
- Experience with network protocols including IP, TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL
- Commitment to maintaining high standards
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Nice to Have
- Windows application development
- Comfortable taking a lot of initiative, and can clearly communicate your needs, goal, and can explain your decisions articulately.