Business Group Overview
Our mission at McAfee is to be #1 security partner of our customers. The centralized ePO console with a single endpoint agent enables organizations to have an agile approach in securing their business as new security solutions developed for evolving and emerging threats can be rapidly integrated with our security management platform, including those from our partners.
To learn more about the widely adopted ePO management platform visit: http://www.mcafee.com/us/products/epolicy-orchestrator.aspx
Our ePO Platform group is expanding, as we continue to evolve the ePO platform in the Cloud to manage security and solutions that protect the entire infrastructure - from endpoints to the network, as well as mobile, embedded and IoT devices. Our group fosters a mutually supportive growth environment where we work as a team and make time to educate ourselves and each other. We have multiple software engineer positions open in our teams.
Responsibilities & Duties
Cloud ePO Security Management group at McAfee is seeking a talented software engineering manager with a passion to deliver high quality solutions and who can provide technical leadership and strategic direction to our product. The person will lead one of our core teams that develops the industry leading platform to manage security solutions that protects millions of systems and users around the world by providing the central management layer to the threat defense lifecycle. Our security management framework provides an open-architectural platform that is modular and scalable, enabling management of security solutions from McAfee as well as our partner companies.
Curious to learn more about the ePO Security Management platform build by our team - try it for free by creating a trial account at https://manage.mcafee.com
Software Engineering Manager in our group is responsible for delivery quality results and perform perform several of the below activities:
- Lead a team of 8-10 software engineers to successfully achieve business goals by developing core components and modules of our Cloud Management Platform
- Build a talented world class engineering group capable of taking on and delivering quality software solutions to challenging problems and customer use cases. Provide team members learning opportunities to continually grow their technical skills and expertise as part of the various project deliveries and other activities such as PoC development, conference presentations, IDF submissions.
- Engage with software engineers in the team to conduct in depth reviews of their designs of the architectural components and user stories by collaborating within and across functional engineering groups to enhance the ePO platform capabilities and deliver end to end solutions for our customers.
- Lead continually improvements and maturity our engineering software development processes sprint over sprint and release over release in areas such as continuous integration, code inspections, peer code reviews, code analysis
- Own and drive technical deliberations and topics to a closure within the org and with partner teams and stakeholder enterprise groups within McAfee that integrate with our ePO platform
- Manage the field quality by driving the prompt resolution of Cloud production or field customer escalation issues in the ePO platform
- Demonstrate highest level of integrity and commitment to the success of our business and core values.
Qualifications & Experience
10+ years of experience in managing enterprise software development in Java and/or C/C++, some of which should be for a Cloud environment and building scalable and reliable services. Proven track record of successfully delivering top quality software solutions to enterprise customers.
Proven experience working in a true agile development environment managing changes, risks and external dependencies. Maturity with development processes such as secure coding, continuous integration, unit testing, static analysis, and SDK development.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to articulate the problem and solution across various product teams and evangelize best practices.
Experience leading teams in providing a cohesive user experience by developing RESTful web services in frameworks and protocols
Knowledge and experience with building scalable cloud computing platform and services is a big plus - technologies such as SQL and No SQL DB (HBASE, Cassandra), UI/Ux technologies, AWS and Azure Cloud services, DevOps and Continuous Integration/Delivery tools and software.
Ability to rapidly grasp and resolve complex large scale or systems level integration problems by efficiently utilizing team resources.
Experience in building successful and high performing agile scrum teams. Ability to hire, develop and retain the best talent.
Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
BS in Computer Science/Engineering or similar technical field, with an advanced MS degree preferred.
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.