This person will join a fast growing Data Analytics team responsible for designing data models that aggregate our disparate data sets, mining data for insights that inform marketing and product strategies, and help design reporting architectures across our products and online properties to help optimize revenue, conversion, retention, and engagement.
This role will be a blend of art and science - identifying and interpreting patterns and trends, and translating those insights into actionable recommendations for cross-functional team members. Our business is B2C and subscription-based, so previous experience in optimizing both conversion and retention through data analysis and feedback loops is a valuable trait.
We're looking for a team player, who can think quickly on their feet, can navigate a large organization and get things done.
You will work with a high-performing cross-functional team that is collaborating on several different acquisition and retention projects with the focused goal of optimizing our business.
Your understanding of advanced data analysis techniques will be invaluable as we assess multiple variations of data. You are comfortable dealing with different tasks each day, ranging from trend analysis of data in our traditional data warehouse, to advanced statistical analysis of cross-channel aggregated data sets.
Desired skill set
- Experience with Excel, SQL, R, Python, Hadoop, PowerBI
- Demonstrated ability to answer a seemingly simple business question with a pragmatic data-science led methodology. Expect us to ask you some examples in the interview.
- Background in advanced analytics, customer segmentation, and predictive modeling. Ability to convert analytic findings into customer insights that power marketing strategies and programs.
- Record of Results: you’ve done this kind of work before, you can point to significant successes along the way.
- Data-centricity – your approach to decision-making in general starts with data. You’re deeply curious about data and you’re adept at identify the right metrics, then impacting them. It’s likely (though not essential) that you have an academic background in a quantitative field. Expertise in data analysis and modeling.
- Creativity – you’re a wealth of ideas around growth, and you’re anxious to implement your ideas and learn from experimentation.
- Communication Skills: You are a communicator and enjoy presenting your ideas. You are a great listener and are able to build consensus.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven experience driving numerous parallel initiatives.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent, Masters in Math or equivalent a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with both business and technical owners
- Demonstrated project management skills