What you'll do
You have a broad technical understanding of distributed applications and possesses significant depth in data technologies. You will design and monitor complex scalable databases and interfaces to query them. You will follow a collaborative process with architects and peers to find innovative solutions to group specific business problems. You will work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Programming ability. Either a degree in computer science or enough real-world programming experience to earn the respect of excellent engineers.
- Flexibility to switch between programming languages such as Java, C and Python.
- Strong programming and debugging skills in SQL
- Experience with complex database query optimization.
- Experience in NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in a Unix/Linux environment
- Analytical by nature to troubleshoot and solve complex system engineering problems.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Agile or iterative software development model.
- Exposure to Big Data technologies
- Excellent technical communication. You can explain complex concepts clearly and succinctly in your writing and speech.
- A desire to work in a diverse, highly collaborative team across geographies
McAfee Labs is expanding its web security research & engineering group. We are a team on mission to protect our customers and make the web a safer place. Our group owns a platform that offers the full spectrum of services for data ingestion, processing, storage, and analysis. It also offers real-time updates to external-user-facing applications, as well as supporting internal analysts' needs. The platform has some very large production deployments of databases including but not limited to MS SQL, MySQL and MongoDB. We are seeking an experienced software developer who can analyse, optimize and design applications to query, manage and process data at scale and speed.