- This role may occasionally require out-of-hours work. There may also be an ‘on-call’ schedule.
- Move and inspire the Software Development, QA and Operations teams to a DevOps way of working
- Provide DevOps technical leadership and guidance on technology selection, solution design, implementation and integration
- Collaborate with the Software Architect and other technical leads to nurture, enforce and monitor technical excellence
- Assemble a common Toolbox of good practices and tools for use across the group to help improve efficiency and productivity
- Help to organize accumulated knowledge and information gained by the team and make it available and easy to retrieve whenever needed by any team member
- Facilitate work activities and help to organise team work into a process orientated manner
- Support Project Manager(s) in technical tasks and delivery schedule development
- Prioritize, support and manage multiple projects and workload per business change needs
- Make sure agreed recovery measures exist (RTOs, RPOs) and facilitate the work towards improving in-service system reliability (MTBF, MTTF)
- Develop strong working relationships with other Systems Engineering teams, IT and key stakeholders, ensuring excellent communication and transparency on decisions
McAfee Labs Production Operations team is looking for a highly motivated self-starter who is a DevOps thought leader able to move and inspire Dev, QA and Ops team members to a DevOps way of working. The Production Operations group is responsible for the technology, systems and processes to build, test and release McAfee’s malware definition (DAT) files each day. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Operations, you will be responsible for DevOps technical leadership, systems engineering, systems good practices, administration, day-to-day maintenance as well as helping to design and deliver secure highly available, scalable solutions.