About the Role & Team
McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place.
As Associate Brand Manager, you’ll join a dynamic and creative team focused on bringing the new McAfee brand to life across the company and around the world. Together with diverse business groups, a masterful in-house design team, and a global roster of creative agencies, you will help to deliver world-class research, tools, training, business plans and processes that drive brand awareness and engagement, and inspire customers to insist on the McAfee brand.
This role reports to the Director of Brand.
- Manage brand projects such as global brand tracking research, brand council work stream, naming, and development of brand tools and assets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that integrated plans deliver on both long-term and immediate-term business objectives
- Consult with communicators across the company to ensure brand cohesion
- Provide brand support to marketers, communicators and agencies
- Assist brand director with preparation of budgets, plans and presentations
- Establish and maintain the brand-requests workflow, brand portal, and brand team outreach and communications
- Schedule regular brand forums and team updates for employees and agencies in the US and key regions of the world
- Help to build bridges across the organization, serving as a visible advocate and champion of the McAfee band
- Understand and report on brand trends and best practices. Contribute to continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years of marketing or brand-management experience
- Business or Marketing degree. MBA preferred.
- Strong writing skills. Ability to write newsletters, brand updates and presentations
- Experience developing and managing brand guidelines and other brand assets
- Ability to assess when communications are on-brand and provide brand guidance to marketing communicators and agencies
- Brand project management experience, including interacting with brand agencies
- Ability to drive brand excellence and consistency across a global brand portfolio
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to impact business success.
- Success in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong communications skills and an optimistic outlook
- Collaborative workstyle. Enjoys being part of a team.
- Attention to detail required.
- Service-oriented. Able to remain calm, professional, and empathetic when responding to the people who request brand support
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience building a technology brand
- Consumer and enterprise software experience