About the Role & Team
McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place.
As a Brand Designer, you’ll join a dynamic and creative team focused on bringing the new McAfee brand to life across the company and around the world. Your skills and experience in digital, print and environmental design and implementation will support business strategy and objectives, drive brand awareness and engagement, and inspire customers to insist on the McAfee brand.
This role reports to the Director of Brand.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the McAfee brand strategy and brand identity design system
- Provide creative, accurate and brand-appropriate design to individuals and teams across the company and the world
- Collaborate with internal design team mates to define and implement shared objectives, processes and workflow management
- Contribute to the development of brand standards, guidelines, tools and assets
- Review agency work to ensure brand cohesion, compliance and creative direction
- Collaborate with internal clients to develop strong creative briefs
- Respond to brand requests and assist with building out a global brand portal
- Build bridges across the organization, serving as a visible advocate and champion of the McAfee band
Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years of design experience with at least 2 years in a corporate setting
- A design portfolio demonstrating design excellence across multiple media types
- A solid understanding of brand standards and how to be creative within a brand system
- Great interpersonal skills and an optimistic outlook. Able to work with a variety of business groups and personalities, across various cultures.
- Experience developing and managing brand guidelines and assets
- Ability to assess when communications are on-brand and provide brand guidance to marketing communicators and agencies
- Ability to drive brand and design excellence and consistency
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter looking to impact business success.
- Able to consistently meet deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Collaborate workstyle. Enjoys being part of a team.
- Detail oriented. Pays attention to words, images and production details.
- Advanced experience with Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Premier, After Effects
- Solid web design skills and expertise with experience in front-end web coding and standard CMS-based websites.
- Advanced skills to create presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word templates
- Degree in design, information design, or comparable education or experience
- Demonstrated experience building a technology brand
- Consumer and enterprise software experience
- Writing and proofreading skills