Join a high performing data science team.
In charge of modelling and prototyping data driven solutions as part of a new McAfee corporate product.
Career development opportunity on security data science and data-driven security.
You should possess a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science and/or Computer Engineering and/or Electronic Engineering and/or Math and/or Physics, and/or Statistics. Additional qualifications include:
* Solid theoretical and practical understanding of statistics
* Theoretical and excellent practical knowledge of modern machine learning methods such as Bayesian Learning, LDA, Regression, SVM, Random Forests, Clustering and Deep Neural Networks, etc. It is needed a good grasp of the strengths and weaknesses of specific approaches, and excellent knowledge of what is "under the hood" of statistical methods
* 5+ years applied experience in applied Machine Learning, Predictive Modeling, and Quantitative Analysis
* 5+ years applied experience using Python, R, Matlab, or other statistical software
* Feel confident extracting and manipulating data from our various SQL and NoSQL data stores and storage frameworks
* Feel confident learning and using varied toolsets, for example, TensorFlow for NNs, Stan for probabilistic modeling, etc. Generally, we tend to default to Python first, but R is also valuable and so is experience with SparkML. We need more than just Python, R and Matlab
* BIG PLUS: Masters or PhD in a related field (i.e. machine learning, statistics, etc.)
* PLUS: Experience with Big Data Technologies Spark, Hive/Hadoop, Dask or equivalent
* PLUS: Experience with Agile, Scrum/Kanban methodology
Note: “Applied experience" means experience building and delivering production quality software.