Sr. User Experience Designer
Santa Clara, California
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, sytle or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist , threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matters.
Is this for you?
Would you want to be part of that team that will create the next cool product that will make the life of millions of people more secure while easier? Are you a self-starter that loves innovation, teamwork and UX Design? Then, to be part of our Innovation Center may be the next step in your career!
We are looking for an end to end UX designer with experience in human centered design. The ideal person will thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative development environment. The candidate must be self-starter, independently manage deliverables and work collaboratively with the team to understand user problems and come up with designs to solve them.
Responsibilities include partnering with Product Managers, Engineers, Architects and Marketing to build the user experience from conception to launch
* Conduct brainstorming and ideation sessions based on user research and develop unique insights
* Take broad, conceptual ideas, and quickly prototype, test and iterate into engaging experiences
* Build and analyze UX flows to cover the best UX while taking care of all the corner cases (Business Flow Analysis)
* Contribute to high-level design strategy with varied stakeholders
* Create all UX deliverables to product scrum team
* Execute in a fast-paced and highly fluid environment
As the world’s largest dedicated security technology company, McAfee delivers proactive and proven solutions and services that secure systems and networks around the world, allowing users to securely browse, shop and socialize on the Web through PCs, Macs and mobile devices. Our Consumer Products now extend well beyond anti-virus to include protection of identity, family, data, mobile devices, home and wearables.
About the Innovation Center
McAfee Consumer Innovation Labs charter is to build new consumer-focused security products and services using human centered design principles across multiple areas – Web, Mobile, Wearables, IOT (Internet of Things). We are a startup nestled inside McAfee with charter to innovate and build the next big business. We are hiring some of the sharpest minds in design so come join us!
Responsible for designing information structures and navigation, task flows, and wireframes with view descriptions specifying the detailed content and behavior. Specifies display texts, icons, graphics and additional custom widgets. Understanding of user functionality vs. systems functionality. Ability to group user, systems functions and information into a cohesive structure.
* 7+ years of experience preferably in tech focused design firms building consumer and mobile products
* Experience in end to end design – User Research, Interaction Design, Prototyping, Visual Design and Content Design
* Experience creating rapid iterations of visual and/or storyboard concepts (Axure, inVision, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch etc.)
* Experienced with multiple form factor design – Web, Mobile (iOS and Android) and PC.
* Strong communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams and in influencing the organization
* Experience working with Agile engineering teams
* Familiarity with Lean UX principles and how to integrate them into the design process
* Masters in Design like Graphic Design, Information Systems, Interface Design, HCI, Human Factors, Computer Science, and/or Cognitive Psychology
* TO APPLY: Provide online portfolio of work that demonstrates breadth and depth of experience
The competition for this role is fierce and so is our interview process. Are you ready for the challenge ?????
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.