What you’ll do
You will have direct input into the technology selection and roadmap for the group. You’ll interact with multiple technologists within the company and the industry as well as between developers and project managers to evaluate feasibility of requirements and determine priorities for development. You’ll be surrounded by a team of passionate engineers whom you will bounce ideas off, collaborate with, be challenged by, and together dream up the next big solution. You’ll perform pathfinding and survey latest technological developments specifically in web based threats.
You either have a degree in computer science or enough real-world programming experience to earn the respect of excellent engineers. You have a broad technical understanding of distributed applications and possess significant depth in data technologies. You can explain complex concepts clearly and succinctly in your writing and speech. You will follow a collaborative process with architects and peers to find innovative solutions to group specific business problems. You have prior experience working in a customer focused solution delivery. You are analytical by nature and can troubleshoot and solve complex system engineering problems.
- Proficiency developing and/or scripting applications in a Linux environment
- Flexibility to switch between programming languages such as C or Java.
- Knowledge and exposure to RFC3986 and/or other URI related RFCs
- Prior experience extracting transforming and loading data from data pipelines.
- Prior experience or exposure to cyber security or cyber threat intelligence systems
- Linux certifications from CompTIA or Red Hat
- Familiarity with Agile or iterative software development model.
- Excellent technical communication
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a global leader in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive, and boredom-free environment—where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, retirement plans, life and disability insurance, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, and Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corporation).
- We provide benefits that promote a healthy, enjoyable life: excellent medical plans, wellness programs and amenities, flexible work hours, time off, recreational activities, discounts on various products and services, and many more creative perks that make Intel a Great Place to Work!
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
What we do.
McAfee Labs is the threat research division of McAfee and one of the world’s leading sources for threat research, threat intelligence, and cybersecurity thought leadership. McAfee Labs threat researchers correlate real-world data collected from millions of sensors across key threat vectors—file, web, message, and network—and deliver threat intelligence in real-time to increase protection and reduce risk. Web security research & engineering group is an important part of McAfee Labs focused on protection against web based threats. Our group has a big presence here in Cork, Ireland. We are a team on mission to protect our customers and make the web a safer place.