The Equity Administration Specialist is responsible for the day to day activities of the long-term private equity plans. This position will be a key member of the Global Compensation team and work closely with legal, finance, accounting, and global HR teams.
Assist with administration of the day-to-day activities and communication of the Company's executive and key employee long term incentive and equity compensation programs, which includes RSUs, profits interest and cash.
Candidates must have a very strong process orientation and enthusiasm for leveraging automation and tools. The successful candidate will be high energy and capable of working and communicating with people across all levels in our organization and have the ability to multi-task. Additionally, the candidate requires the mindset and desire to “make a difference” every working day.
- Track equity recommendations from candidate or promotion offering through official grant by Board of Directors
- Administer participant equity plan transactions including elections, tax filings and agreement acceptance in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide support and analysis relative to materials to be presented to the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- Ensure compliance of local reporting requirements for non-U.S. sub plan and other non-U.S. special handling. Keep up to date and in close contact with legal on current legislative developments and adjust administration process as needed.
- Partner with finance and accounting for maintenance of capitalization tables and other financial requirements as well as other information needed on a timely basis
- Act as equity administration resource to Compensation Leaders and HR team and respond to participant inquiries and ad hoc requests
- Collaborate with HR Services and Support to maintain organization of equity plan records and participant files
- Participate on special projects for global equity compliance, system implementation for equity administration and employee education of equity plan.
- Consistent communication, and handling of employee issues and questions when needed
- Interpret complex data that can be organized and presented effectively to senior management and employees
- Participate in executive compensation benchmarking surveys and government reporting
- Develop, update and document business processes in order to strengthen internal controls
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities
- BS or BA Degree in Business required (concentration in Accounting or Finance preferred)
- Previous experience with private equity a plus
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and excellent presentation skills for complex topics, with ability to articulate ideas clearly and to the point
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep information confidential, work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Work effectively in a lean and fast paced environment
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy, and a high sense of urgency
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects
- Uphold extreme respect to confidential information position involves
- Flexible, with an ability to take on new tasks
- An aptitude to improve processes through automation and streamlining
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger team
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong knowledge of HR principles and practices
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.