Head of Advanced Threat Research
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As our industry’s top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matters.
As a Head of Advanced Threat Research a typical day might include the following:
- Fiercely independent thinker who can lead with novel and trendsetting ideas in threat and vulnerability research. You will be responsible for leading McAfee’s forward thinking research division in the space of vulnerability research.
- Leading the world’s best researchers, your role is to extract the maximum value for these efforts. This will include undertaking the due diligence before any project begins, and leading efforts to ensure that all appropriate stakeholders (internal and external) are aware of the progress of the work.
- Liaising with the product engineering team to ensure that forward roadmaps consider the inclusion of measures to protect against identified vulnerabilities, as well as leading the responsible disclosure program with affected external providers.
- Supporting the Strategic Intelligence team in threat research campaigns against major campaigns.
- This may include liaison with global law enforcement, and as such will be expected to present key findings to appropriate stakeholders.
- Sharing research and intelligence insights by means of blogs, publications and presentations in security events.
You are good at:
• 7+ years in leadership management roles.
• Experience working with Security Operations Centers (SOC), CERT, Cybercrime
• Extensive experience with Forensics and Incident Response.
• Experience conducting threat research focused on nation state and generic malware actors. Have a strong understanding of actor TTP's, abilities and kill chains.
• Must have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
You are awesome at:
• Recognized by peers in the industry as a thought leader.
• Has innovative ideas and demonstrates confidence to promote, share and implement ideas into actionable outcomes.
• Understanding of terminology and tactics employed by threat actors
• Security certifications CISSP, GIAC, GCIA, SANS etc.
• Actively holding a security clearance
• Experience in an Incident response role is a plus
• Experience working with Law Enforcement assisting in tackling cybercrime.
• Reading/Writing skills of non-English languages such as Russian, Chinese, Farsi, Urdu, etc.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
• We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
• We Play to Win or Don’t Play
• We Innovate without Fear
• We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
• We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.