Responsibilities & Duties
Cloud ePO Security Management Engineering group at McAfee is seeking talented engineers with a passion to engineer and deliver high quality solutions. Our team develops the industry leading platform to manage security solutions that protects millions of systems and users around the world by providing the foundation central management layer to the threat defense lifecycle. Our security management framework provides a true open-architecture platform that is modular and scalable, enabling management of security solutions from McAfee as well as our partner companies.
Senior Software in our group provide hands on technical leadership across the entire product development cycle from concept to delivery. Individuals in this role have an in-depth knowledge and code level expertise of our ePO platform to make architecture and design decisions, and also influence strategic decisions and technical direction across other development groups that integrate with our platform. Software Engineer in our group play a central role in our mission to be the #1 security partner for our customers and perform several of the below activities:
- Create and maintain long term architecture roadmap of the security management platform in working with other architects and senior engineers in our group and across McAfee.
- Go to technical person for design choices in the software structure, frameworks, protocols, and algorithms for our ePO management platform group
- Effectively interpret business requirements to effectively draw out and articulate the business need/problem/opportunity to be addressed. Define software strategy and provide scaled options for implementation based on the business need and technical constraints.
- Hands on software development of the architectural components and implement prototype solutions for complex use case that can be be rapidly converted to production quality code,
- Research and stay up to date on various cutting edge enterprise scale cloud technologies and be able to choose appropriate ones based on evaluation and rapid prototype development
- Share the responsibility along with engineering managers to ensure that the software engineering standards are maintained at the highest levels of excellence and continually improve engineering processes and best practices such as for Continuous Integration and Delivery, Performance, Scalability, Reliability and Quality.
- Actively engage and present at various internal and external innovation and architecture forums, technical conferences, and customer councils.
- Provide technical mentoring and coaching to other McAfee engineering team members and help build a talented world class engineering organization. Lead by example by pairing with mentees and taking on complicated challenges to debug and solve.
Qualifications & Experience
- 12+ years of software development experience in building enterprise scale software solutions.
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-native scaled out and distributed applications that leverage micro service architecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL stores, some level of networking and system expertise, strong tooling, monitoring, and cloud management experience
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Proficiency in Java, C/C++ and technologies such as Web Sockets, Node.js, Angular.js, Bootstrap, Apache Kafka, Storm, etc.
- Experience in building scaled out infrastructure on public clouds like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Proven experience leading a team in a true agile development environment, and maturity with development processes such as unit testing, static analysis, secure coding, continuous integration, and SDK development.
- Should have strong debugging experience and excellent problem solving skills.
- Expertise preferred in cryptographic libraries, Public Key Infrastructure, key management software
- Excellent communication skills with ability to articulate complex technical concepts to business leaders and execs.
- Must be highly motivated with a strong passion for and commitment to software quality
- BS/MA in Computer Science/Engineering or similar technical field.
Senior Software Engineer with good experience in designing developing Cloud based platforms and applications using Java, C++ languages.