The Key Deal Manager is responsible for leading the Business review of all critical components of large deals, including but not limited to commercial terms negotiation, pricing approvals, deal structuring, validating revenue positions, compliance (eg SOX) and final approvals of high value transactions. You will be a key business partner and trusted advisor to the Corporate Sales team, review and approve quotes to maximize profitability, conduct deal profitability analysis and report to Executive Management, whilst ensuring that transactions comply with all Company policies.
The Key Deal Manager will report to the Deal Desk Lead for Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ).
- Strategically support Sales in the review and approval of deal terms, legal terms, pricing and quotations, ensuring transactions are structured effectively and commercial terms in line with corporate policies and guidelines.
- Interact closely within own department/function (Key Deal Desk Manager, Key Deal Alignment team and Revenue Accounting team) and cross functionally to support approvals for large deals, key quarter close activities, compliance processes and financial reporting
- Pro-actively work with Sales team to support the closure of high value transactions. Resolve any queries or issues in a timely manner, solve problems, provide solutions or recommend alternate courses of action
- Liaise with different departments of the organisation, including Legal, Finance, Operations, Product Management, Sales & Support to co-ordinate approvals as required.
- Work with the APJ Deal Desk Lead in providing commercial value-add advice in terms of interpretation and analysis of management information.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of McAfee’s products, processes and promotions in order to provide a best-in-class level of support to Sales.
- Manage weekly and quarterly forecast reports on a timely and accurate basis.
- Produce ad-hoc reports and analysis for various business purposes as required.
- Undertake investigation into specific areas of the business as required.
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Business or Accounting or Finance related discipline. CPA or any audit experience highly desired.
- 5-10 year’s experience in directly relevant areas of Accounting / Finance / Business Practices within IT organization, preferably in the Software/Services space.
- Required expertise specifically related to: Complex software, hardware and mixed asset revenue recognition; Product Margin analysis; security product and configurations knowledge (McAfee and Competitive product solutions); Professional Services bid management and margin recovery analysis; Commercial contract construction and negotiation.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Anaplan Financial Planning and Margin Analysis tools, Qlikview BI interface experience are essential.
- Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills to effectively facilitate decisions and achieve results are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work cross functionally with all levels of a company, particularly executive sales management.
- Ability to establish goals and action plans, set realistic timetables, and monitor progress towards their completion.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and creatively determine solutions in order to effectively resolve issues.