Real Protect malware protection research and engineering team in McAfee Labs is looking for an experienced software engineer to develop, maintain, and validate the cloud server and portal UI software. The objective of Real Protect technology is to leverage machine learning to identify and eradicate zero-day and other malware. The successful candidate should be self-motivated team player experienced in backend and front end development specifically, and solid software development in Linux overall. The candidate will have a great opportunity to impact the quality and timely delivery of a next generation malware protection technology.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain software running in distributed cloud components as well as front UIs.
- Practice Agile software development with requirement gathering, feature development, unit testing, validation and integration, defect analysis and remediation, deployment, etc.
- Working independently as well as collaboratively to deliver results in a diverse and fast-paced team environment.
A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent field of study, with a Master’s and 2+ years of software development experiences, a BS and 5+ years, or equivalent professional experiences
- Demonstrated experiences and skills in overall software engineering fundamentals such as object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Proficient in developing SW in Linux environments with virtual machines and database systems.
- Programming experience in Python, Node.js and other front end development toolkits.
- Demonstrated analytical/problem-solving skills
- Strong skills in working independently with minimal supervisions, ambiguities and new technologies
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and inter-personal skills in a team setting
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Amazon-AWS is a strong plus
- Familiarity with the software application security and/or malware research
- Proven ability to work across organizational, functional, geographical and cultural boundaries
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.