Product Specialist, as a “Trusted Adviser”, will provide remote/onsite technical support to specific customer needs fostering strong relationships between McAfee and its customer and will be relied upon to provide advice and recommendations, based on best practices, for McAfee products across all levels of an organization.
The Product Specialist will serve as a customer advocate to support the proper functioning of McAfee products deployed throughout the organization.
They coordinate the McAfee team and resources needed to resolve issues that prevent the proper operation of products in production.
They seek to optimized customer’s investment in McAfee solutions/technology, ensuring proper tracking/monitoring against customer’s operational & business objectives/ROI.
- Provide, during specified working hours, technical support for McAfee’s Platinum Level Customers as the primary responsibility.
- Provide a queue based point of contact for all Platinum Support/Gold Select issues, to include but not limited to: data entry, escalation of issues, testing, and problem resolution.
- Provide technical solutions to customers for specific individual or grouped products with a high focus on quality and expedient resolution. This includes but is not limited to speaking/working with the designated primary customer contact on an “as needed” basis or as preferred by the customer.
- Provide onsite technical support of customer issues in those circumstances where remote resolution has failed, at the discretion of the support account manager or for Platinum Select customers.
- Take responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication with the customer’s designated contact as required to ensure the customer’s complete satisfaction with McAfee products and support services.
- Take responsibility for the escalation of any issues to Tier III as required for assistance and/or to maintain established SLAs. Own communication responsibilities for the life of the case regardless of technical ownership.
- Submit suggestions for new Knowledge Base articles as well as any potential improvements that can be made to existing articles.
- Perform additional duties established by Management as they relate to the provision of technical support to McAfee’s customers.
- Ensure compliance with Service Level Agreements as contractually documented for both Platinum and Gold Select Customers. These SLA’s include, but are not limited to, customer status updates, issue escalation and the responsiveness of Product Specialists.
- On Call 24 x 7 for Platinum Customers on a rotational basis
- Assist Sales in Selling support
- Act as technical advisor to customers where required and for Platinum Select customers.
- Identify Customers technical needs and manage as required