Sr. Specialist – HR Policies, Compliance & Record Management
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, sytle or point of view. The role of the Sr Specialist for HR Policies, Compliance & Record Management will report to the Sr. Manager HR Services and Support. In this role, you will help develop, implement, and manage the HR Compliance strategy and programs including EEO/Affirmative Action compliance, management of unemployment claims processing, etc. Successful candidate will ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, human resources requirements, and pertinent government legislation. You will serve as administrative liaison to all McAfee HR teams and functions as regards monitoring regulatory compliance. S/he provides guidance on McAfee policies and procedures and other regulatory matters, to department leadership and designees. This individual coordinates file audits of employee records, generates reports and provides training and regulatory updates to department leadership. S/he also conducts market research on diversity trends, best practices and surveys key stakeholders from time to time.
The Sr Specialist for HR Policies, Compliance & Record Management also provides technical assistance and advice to agency personnel, members of management, and others as needed concerning assigned programs to exchange information, to resolve problems and ensure compliance with established policies, procedures and standards. S/he responds to inquiries from agency staff and others. S/he performs related duties such as delivering diversity training, attending meetings and conferences, maintaining records, and preparing quarterly and annual reports. The Sr Specialist for HR Policies, Compliance & Record Management partners with the Training and Learning Development team to deliver mandatory diversity training as needed. S/he will follow established policies and procedures to conducts workplace investigations of internal complaints of alleged discrimination working with the HR Business Partners.
As a Sr Specialist for HR Policies, Compliance & Record Management a typical day might include the following:
- Maintain knowledge of Human Resources policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with policies and labor laws. Review and approve recommendations for exceptions to company policies
- Assist to draft HR policies, procedures and process documents to be reviewed by HR COEs and Legal
- Makes recommendations to implement new HR guidelines, policies or programs relating to existing practices and procedures; ensures compliance with regulations and legislation relative to the day-to-day operations of Human Resources;
- Provides management oversight of Human Resources compliance systems and processes to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements.
- Accountable to present issues, formulate actions plan and to escalate issues and non-compliance to appropriate Leaders
- Working in conjunction with Legal and local HR leadership, designs, implements, maintains and communicates effective Human Resources compliance and disability management programs, including identifying and escalating major risk concerns. .
- Oversees HR compliance activities as it relates to Compensation, Payroll, Benefits, and required governmental filings.
- Communicates legislative changes to HR partners and internal stakeholders;
- Serves as the HR spokesperson for regulatory site visits.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates external elements and best practices in HR compliance solutions, applying business acumen to improve outcomes.
- Advises, manages, and coordinates all activities relating to the following compliance related activities:
- AAP and EEO reporting cycles
- Government requirements for OFCCP compliance
- Oversee I-9 and e-Verify compliance
- Internal and external audits
- Requests for information from government agencies and surveys
- Compliance with McAfee specific policies that are employment law related
- Establishes and operationalizes reporting governance to accurately maintain data, meeting both the needs of US and different other country-level reporting requirements.
- Delivers any necessary compliance related trainings to the company/employees.
- In consultation and partnership with the Legal team, keeps updated on changes in laws, regulations and guidelines, shares information appropriately and ensures proper HR ownership for compliance
- Serves as subject matter expert on various committees for state and corporate wide HR projects.
- Develop HR Compliance standard operating process documents and ensure these remain up-to-date.
- Maintains HR compliance calendar and keeps track of required annual filings/notices and compliance related to Compensation, Payroll, and Benefits.
HR Record Management
- Oversees documentation efforts to ensure compliance with system, state and federal guidelines.
- Partner with other HR teams on matters related to employee record-keeping
Other Duties As Assigned
- Periodic special projects and duties may be assigned based on Company need and requirements
- Provides policy clarification and explains necessary steps to obtain approval, documentation needed, etc.
- Bachelors degree required (Masters preferred)
- 5 years (higher preferred) of related human resources and regulatory experience.
- SPHR certification and/or Paralegal License preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project)
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to exhibit strong judgment, resourcefulness and research competence
- Ability to multi-task, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines with a high level of stress tolerance and with strengths in detail orientation, planning, and organizing
- Experience researching, analyzing and problem solving in a fast paced environment
- Strong customer service skills with demonstrated composure and professionalism
- Proficient knowledge of applicable HR statutes and compliance programs
- Experience in conducting workplace investigations and responding to reasonable accommodation appeals
- Prior experience creating EEO reports and AA plans is desirable
The competition for this role is fierce and so is our interview process. Are you ready for the challenge ?????
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.