Software Developer - Web
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, sytle or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist , threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matters.
Does the thought of applying your passion for web development to secure the digital lives of millions around the world excite you? McAfee is looking for creative .NET web developers that can help create and improve its trusted web platforms and services. As a Web Development Engineer, you will use best-of-breed tools in the .NET ecosystem to deliver high-performing, scalable and secure web applications.
What does your day look like?
- Analyze requirements with product owners, understand impact on existing systems and design/develop/maintain develop web application, web service and component solutions
- Collaborate with other functional teams to implement and integrate product features
- In adherence to quality objectives and engineering best practices, perform complete unit and integration testing, code reviews, secure coding standard, and deliver complete documentation
- Create test plan, write and execute automation test cases, analyze failures, report defects
- Drive product quality and routinely perform quality checks
- Improve engineering process and promote development standards
- Demonstrate solutions to project stakeholders
- Work with engineers to deploy solutions
You have the right education and experience:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering, 8+ years of professional experience developing web applications
You're very good at:
- Microsoft .NET Framework with C#
- Web Service Development (REST)
- ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC)
- Database (T-SQL, SQL Server)
- Object-Oriented Programming Design Patterns and SOLID Principles
You might also be familiar with:
- Source control management - Git, AccuRev
- Agile methodology – Scrum
- Responsive web design – Foundation, Bootstrap
- CSS pre-processor - LESS, SASS
And more importantly, you:
- Stay focused on your tasks
- Enjoy learning new things and learn quickly
- Have an open mind for new ideas
- Love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions
- Like helping others so they can do their jobs better
- Get things done every single time and doing them well
- Communicate clearly and write well
The competition for this role is fierce and so is our interview process. Are you ready for the challenge ?????
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.