Senior Application Engineer will be part of a team that is responsible for the Email SaaS operations that enable protection for Enterprise Customers. Also, will be responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Email SaaS systems including continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments and will provide technical support for day to day operations.
There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee! www.mcafee.com
McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place. By building solutions that work with other companies' products, McAfee helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. By protecting consumers across all their devices, McAfee secures their digital lifestyle at home and away. By working with other security players, McAfee is leading the effort to unite against cybercriminals for the benefit of all.
Job Title: Senior Application (DevOps) Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
SaaS Email Protection is a team that develops complex software to provide cloud-based E-Mail protection solutions. The SaaS Email Protection solution strives to provide world class, fool proof solutions that guard our customers’ E-Mails from malevolent attacks such as spams and snowshoe attacks. This product is in sustenance at present and will need to be supported for 14 different modules for number of years.
• Will be part of a team that is responsible for the Email SaaS operations that enable protection for Enterprise Customers.
• Will be responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Email SaaS systems including continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments and will provide technical support for day to day operations.
• Works closely with engineering teams to design, deploy and upgrade software on cloud systems
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
• Bachelors/Masters education in computer science or equivalent is required
• 5 to 8 years of experience as DevOps Engineer
• Engineering background of developing software for cloud will be huge plus
• Passionate about building things that matter (DevOps role).
• Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills
• Expert in Linux administration, especially applications hosted on Linux OS environment
• Proficient in any one Database (such as Postgres, MySQL) administration on a Linux platform
• Expert in any one scripting language on a Linux platform (such as bash, Perl, Python, etc)
• Experience with using tools like Github, Ansible, Puppet and container technologies like Docker.
• Understanding of monitoring tools like Nagios, Icinga.
• Understanding of high availability / high-performance load distribution services (like Pacemaker, HAProxy, etc.)
• Required to work in evening/night shift as well or weekend shifts
• Excellent verbal and written communication
Candidates should be willing to work in Night shifts.
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!