Director, Security Research
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matters.
As a Director of Security Research, a typical day might include following:
- Expected to be a fiercely independent thinker who can lead with novel and trendsetting ideas in threat research.
- Responsible for delivering McAfee's threat intelligence strategy and building and directing a team of advanced Infosec researchers who will assist you in tracking and profiling global threat actor groups, their TTPs and threat campaigns.
- Developing internal tools, maturing threat analysis processes and utilizing products for the purposes of data harvesting and analysis for intelligence.
- Responsible for creating and delivering strategic threat Intelligence briefs to our customers and partners and liaison with your peers in the industry to share threat intelligence and participate in the cyber security initiatives across the industry.
- Responsible for liaising with the product engineering team to create requirements for the new intelligence gathering and analytics modules within our products.
• 7+ years’ experience leading top security research teams.
• Experience working with Security Operations Centers (SOC), CERT, etc. and utilizing Threat Intelligence platforms.
• Extensive experience with STIX, OPENIOC and related threat intelligence sharing formats, as well as Forensics and Incident response and conducting threat research focused on nation, state and generic malware actors.
• You will have a strong understanding of actor TTP's, abilities and kill chains.
• In the security industry, you are recognized by your peers as a thought leader and have innovative ideas that demonstrates your confidence to promote, share and implement ideas into actionable outcomes.
• Understanding of terminology and tactics employed by threat actors.
• Experience in an Incident response role and working with Law Enforcement assisting in tackling cybercrime is a major plus.
• Reading/Writing skills of non-English languages such as Russian, Chinese, Farsi, Urdu, etc. is a plus.
• Must have a BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
• Security certifications CISSP, GIAC, GCIA, SANS. etc. is desired. Actively hold a security clearance.
• Lead a top performing security research team.
• Managed the cyber threat intelligence lifecycle.
• Created and utilize tools for Intelligence gathering and prioritization.
• Build and utilize platforms for threat monitoring, campaign detection, malware hunting and security analytics.
• Build threat intelligence workflows and tools capable of storing actor and family traits, campaign information, IOC's, IOA's and notification and alerting systems based on information correlation.
• Develop strategy to tackle specific campaigns, actor groups and to track related kill chains.
• Utilize open source Intelligence and collaborate with internal and external partners for the purposes of Intelligence sharing.
• Develop key dashboards for threat management activities and outcome reporting.
• Communicate to senior leadership about cyber threats and trends as well as effective countermeasures.
• Actively research APT type threats, 0-day exploits, and advanced malware families.
• Drive technical requirements to help build intelligence into our products and in backend systems.
• Share research and intelligence insights by means of blogs, publications and presentations at security events.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
We Play to Win or Don’t Play
We Innovate without Fear
We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.