McAfee is one of the world’s leading independent cybersecurity companies. Inspired by the power of working together, McAfee creates business and consumer solutions that make the world a safer place. We are looking for a senior attorney with substantial experience in patent, copyright, trademark and trade secret law who will provide strategic direction for and manage the protection of McAfee’s intellectual property, and collaborate with colleagues in the United States and abroad on intellectual property questions. You’ll need to hit the ground running to provide strategic direction and legal support to our dynamic, agile, and fast-paced organization.
A Day in the Life:
- Sets the strategic direction for and manages the protection of McAfee’s intellectual property.
- Manages the patent portfolio.
- Manages intellectual property litigation.
- Leads the review of invention submissions, working with a patent review committee.
- Manages the company’s open source licensing.
- Manages the trademark application and maintenance process with McAfee’s brand management team.
- Manages copyright filings and procedures on maintaining trade secrets.
- Provides client advice and advice to other members of the legal department on questions that arise in the acquisition, development, licensing, and protection of intellectual property.
- Supports intellectual property diligence for mergers and acquisitions.
- Manages budget and outside counsel.
- J.D. with a minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in patent law.
- Extensive experience managing a computer software patent portfolio and in patent prosecution and patent litigation.
- Extensive experience in trademark, copyright and trade secret portfolio management and protection including litigation.
- Strong strategic thinking and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial computer software industry experience.
- Able to independently manage a diverse workload and works well with others.
- In-house and law firm experience preferred.