At McAfee, we are relentless in protecting our customers: we believe safety never sleeps. In doing so, we are leading the transition from the era of point security products to integrated security systems. As we automate the Threat Defense Lifecycle, we lead the industry in delivering better security outcomes to customers: address more threats, faster, and with fewer resources. We work to achieve that automation for enterprise customers by:
- Focusing on the endpoint and cloud as key control points
- Analyzing that telemetry to detect advanced threats
- Automating the management and remediation processes
- Working with technology partners throughout the industry
About this position...
This position is based on our Plano, Texas office.
As Security Sales Engineer (SE), you will work alongside Account Managers, as part of the North America Sales Team and oversee the sales support of McAfee Enterprise Security product line to existing and prospective government and commercial customers with the region. As an SE, your role is a critical and integral part of the sales organization. You will assist the sales team with Pre-Sales technical knowledge and presentations. You’ll work closely with sales managers, prospects and partners as a subject-matter expert to demonstrate how a proposed solution meets and exceeds customer requirements.
What you will do...
- Participate in sales conference calls and prospect visits, providing product demonstrations in person and via WebEx, and working with prospects at both a technical and business level to show how McAfee solutions can provide value to them.
- Possess demonstrable skills in customer-centric selling and a proven track record using it to help drive revenue
- Work independently and as a vital member of a sales team.
- Work with the sales team to strategize on sales approaches
- Ensure successful product evaluations
- Plan, manage and execute customer product pilots
- Be a TEAM player
- Provide exemplary Pre-Sales technical expertise through technical and product presentations, product demonstrations, pilot implementations, beta program administration, consistent communication, and on-going technical consultation
- Provide technical escalation management within accounts
- Play a pro-active "Technical Account Management" role within your target accounts including relationship and business development activities
- Work in conjunction with Sales, Marketing, and Product Managers, the Sales Engineer (SE) to be the technical bridge between our Sales Representatives and their Pre-Sales customers
- Take ownership of the prime technical relationship with our Pre-Sales customers to drive customer satisfaction by proactively managing and delivering technical information to our customers both onsite, online, and via telephone
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Qualifications listed as preferred or additional will be considered a plus factor for applicants.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline, at least 4 years of directly related technical experience including: installing, designing, managing, administering and supporting an enterprise network.
At least 5 years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Software Defined Networking
- Cloud and Virtualization
- Network administration & management
- Network performance monitoring & analysis
- Security Information Event Management (SIEM)
- Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions or Network Security & Encryption solutions
- Help Desk/Desktop support solutions
- Prior Experience working with System Integrators Teams
- High-energy, self-motivated individual with outstanding professional, sales, and technical capabilities
- Comfortable contributing at all levels within targeted accounts
- Previous experience required in Information Technology with emphasis on managing a distributed environment supporting disparate systems and/or providing Pre-Sales support in an equivalent environment
- Previous Sales/Systems Engineering experience is preferred
- Hands-on experience with McAfee Security solutions is preferred