At McAfee we are relentless in protecting our customers: we believe safe never sleeps. In doing so, we are leading the transition from the era of point security products to integrated security systems. As we automate the Threat Defense Lifecycle, we lead the industry in delivering better security outcomes to customers: address more threats, faster, and with fewer resources. We work to achieve that automation for enterprise customers by:
- Focusing on the endpoint and cloud as key control points
- Analyzing that telemetry to detect advanced threats
- Automating the management and remediation processes
- Working with technology partners throughout the industry
Security Intelligence and Operations Manager
As Security Intelligence and Operations Manager, a typical day might include the following:
- Work with the Senior Director of Security Intelligence by executing on the McAfee Intelligence and Operations Center strategy
- Manage the Intelligence and Operations Center in a 24x7 environment by providing line management and leadership
- Provide security thought leadership across the security operations function
- Providing leadership and support to continually grow the skills of individual SOC personnel
- Recommend and manage Integrated Intelligence and Operations Center policies, procedures, recommendations, and standards to ensure compliance with applicable security laws, regulations, and privacy legislation as appropriate
- Provide feedback and thought leadership to the McAfee support, professional services, and engineering teams around the operational security technologies
- Recommend and manage the methodologies and processes to ensure proper logging and correlation, management of security incident management, and manual and automatic remediation
- Develop and drive security level metrics and analytics across the SOC.
- Reviews shift incident reports, actions taken, and manages open incidents
- Manages and mentors SOC personnel to include conducting personnel performance reviews and establishment of training program
- You must possess a BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Security Studies, Intelligence Studies, Cyber Security, Information Management or related field and 5+ years of experience in the following:
- Knowledge of current hacking techniques, vulnerability disclosures, data breach incidents, and security analysis techniques
- Knowledge of malware families, botnets, threats by sector, and various attack campaigns and attacker methods, tools/techniques/practices
- Working knowledge in one or more of the following topics: Third Party Risks/Threats, Extremist Groups and Cyber Terrorists, Hacktivism, Distributed Denial of Service Attacks, Malware, Mobile or Emerging Threats, Social Engineering, and/or Insider Threats
- Scripting (Perl, Python) or Object Oriented (C, C++, Java, .Net) Programming
- Project management and small team leadership skills
- Experience collecting, analyzing, and validating open source intelligence
- Led a Security Operations Center for at least 2 years
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out. Do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.