Web Services Project Manager
Santa Clara, California
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, sytle or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist , threat researcher, or a coder as long as you design things that matters.
McAfee is seeking a Project Manager to join us in leading the industry to the next level of integrated solutions for Consumer computer security, protecting our users digital life and devices.
Project Managers work as a core member of the Platforms and Services team, supporting business operations working with Marketing teams and development of our solutions by engineering teams. The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with excellent follow through, engaging actively across functions.
As a Web Services Project Manager, a typical day might include following:
- Plans/manages programs or projects to meet specific goals.
- Provides leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program. Find solutions for a wide range of problems.
- Identify tasks, communicate actively with team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule.
- Assess risk and identify issues.
- Monitor progress against schedule.
- Coordinate resources with other functions.
- Demonstrates up-to-date expertise in Project Management and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Facilitates Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Daily Stand-Ups, Product Demos and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Support Product Owner in developing, maintaining and grooming Product Backlog.
• Bachelors degree or Equivalent.
• Solid demonstrable knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
•2+ years overall of professional project management experience and 1+ years as SCRUM/Agile practitioner.
• Certified SCRUM Master (CSM) certification or equivalent.
• Knowledge of metrics, KPI’s, operations, and the complete product development lifecycle.
• Experience with implementations of large scale, highly available, robust web/mobile solutions is a plus
• Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment required.
• Requires solid PC skills including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
The competition for this role is fierce and so is our interview process. Are you ready for the challenge ?????
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice InclusiveCandor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.