UX Content Writer
Do you read content in apps, in ads, and on traffic signs and think, “Who wrote that? I would have said XYZ.” Do you take pride in cutting through techno-babble and creating text that people understand? Do you know how to write a call to action that converts like magic? And do you know the difference between an alert, a toast, and a push notification? (OK, if you don’t know the last bit we can teach you.)
We are the content design team that crafts the content that makes sure McAfee consumers can effectively use our consumer products. We're looking for an experienced writer who is comfortable moving between labeling UI fields and buttons in the morning, and copywriting in the afternoon.
A typical day might include:
- Writing crisp, clear UI text that ensures people know what they need to do and how to do it
- Writing a user-centric and focused FAQ or help topic
- Writing concise copy that encourages people to use our products
- Working closely with user experience design teams to make sure all content reflects workflows and design requirements
- Working with other content writers and the editor to produce a consistent, conversational voice for McAfee consumer products
- Communicating with project team members and subject matter experts around the world to gather info and explain why your amazing content is the way it is
- Resolving content and documentation issues quickly
You’re awesome at:
- Writing clear, concise, and engaging content for different audiences
- Juggling more than one project at a time
- Working with people in different geographic locales and times zones
- Putting Microsoft Word through its paces -- including its advanced formatting features
- Working closely with designers, product managers, and developers
- 3+ years’ experience in UI or web writing, copywriting and/or user experience design
- A strong portfolio of effective UI, web content, blogs, or marketing materials that demonstrate an exceptional ability to write engaging content for different audiences
- A collaborative mindset
- A degree in English, Professional Writing, Technical or Marketing Communication or any related field that helped you develop your excellent writing skills
- Some flexibility to work hours that accommodate team members in other time zones
Our goal is to capture the biggest market share in cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, and cloud security. We work together to shape the company’s future by designing and building best in class, robust, and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading-edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out. Do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
The Content Design team crafts the content that engages and enables McAfee consumers to make educated choices about their security software and to have control over their digital experience across the web, and on their devices.
We're looking for an experienced content writer who can work independently and remotely for our Intel Security Content Design team, within the larger Consumer Experience Design team. This role includes writing user interface content, help content, and other types of messaging for software consumers. This position reports to the Manager, Content Design based in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.