About the Role: As a member of the CXD Consumer Team, the Visual Design Intern position involves working closely with Usability Specialists and Lead Visual designers as well as members of the Engineering team to ensure proper implementation of designs. A large emphasis is placed on creating a superior user experience through constant product evolution and iteration, and improvements to overall usability, presentation of information and process flow.
The Visual Design Intern should possess knowledge & understanding of Desktop, Mobile and WEB based multiplatform application graphic design techniques and principles as well as acceptable creative and visual design skills.
• Conceptual UI screens/mockups
• Final pixel perfect screens/mockups
• Visual assets
• Icons and other visual elements
• UI Specification documents
Required Experience/Skills & Education:
• Working knowledge of Adobe applications (such as Photoshop/Illustrator) and MAC design applications (such as Sketch).
• Experience of designing GUIs and GUI components (buttons, Icons, splash screens, etc.) in a fast-paced development environment with experience in consumer-specific software products.
• Working knowledge of PSD, ICO, PNG, etc.
• Must possess knowledge of graphic design techniques, information architecture and fundamentals of interaction design principles as well as creative and visual design skills (including color and page layout mastery).
• Be able to create rapid iterations of visual and/or storyboard concepts, as well as the ability to design for dynamic content.
• Knowledge of UI design methodology and processes (user centered and iterative design). Must be able to demonstrate, understand and be proficiency in managing all phases of product design and development.
• Excellent organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to multitask and manage time efficiently. Must be able to self-manage as well as work and collaborate with cross-functional groups, and also function as both a project leader and individual contributor.
• Should be able to communication and have English written skills.
• Animation and Illustration skills a plus.
• Desktop, Mobile, WEB application UI experience
• Knowledge of Touch-Friendly UI, Mobile, Responsive design and Win-8/METRO is a plus and highly desirable.