Reporting into the General Counsel, this role is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective corporate-wide ethics, privacy and legal compliance, including creating and maintaining policies, procedures, and controls for McAfee's ethics, privacy and legal compliance programs to prevent, detect, and remediate illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manages ethics, privacy and compliance attorneys and/or other professionals.
- Reports to General Counsel and serves as a compliance resource for other executive team members as required.
- Oversees periodic ethics, privacy and legal compliance risk assessments to identify trends and gaps, to prioritize resources, and to develop measures to enhance Intel Security's McAfee's ethics and legal compliance programs.
- Regularly monitors McAfee's ethics, privacy and legal compliance programs, including through data analytics and metric tracking and reporting, and reports findings to Intel Security McAfee executives.
- Establishes and maintains investigations procedures, in collaboration with Internal Audit and other internal stakeholders, and oversees legal compliance investigations, investigation reporting, and related remedial measures.
- Audits and monitors compliance to McAfee’s policies and worldwide laws.
- Tracks and applies relevant laws and regulations to identify enforcement trends, apply corrective actions, and keep the company legal.
- Conducts anti-corruption due diligence on channel partners and suppliers.
- Creates, tracks and maintains employee training and communications on ethics, privacy & compliance issues, including the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Establishes and manages the ethics, privacy & compliance hotline in collaboration with Internal Audit and other internal stakeholders.
- Leads and drives employee engagement through corporate communications and a network of ethics champions.
- Continuously develops domain knowledge of McAfee businesses to include an understanding of short-term objectives and long-term strategies for the company.
- Role models McAfee's ethical standards, professionalism and Code of Conduct.
- Experienced manager with a J.D. and a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant legal experience, including designing, implementing and monitoring ethics, privacy & compliance programs, with at least 5-7 years of in-house experience.
- Active membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- Experience creating, tracking and maintaining employee training and communications on ethics, privacy & compliance issues.
- Experience communicating and interacting with executive management and boards of directors.
- Experience conducting internal investigations, including interviews, document review and report drafting.
- Strong knowledge and application of worldwide anti-corruption and privacy laws and the U.S. Federal Sentencing Guidelines.
- Ability to independently manage a diverse and complex workload while maintaining priorities and proactively anticipating issues.
- Strong teaming skills inside and outside the legal organization approaches work with flexibility and a positive attitude, and constructively manages change.
- Strong strategic thinking and project management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Consistent good judgment and ability to work within a sales-driven culture and craft practical, business-oriented solutions consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in the computer industry cybersecurity experience a bonus.
- Unquestionable integrity and ethics.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.