Manages a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
• 4+ years of management experience in software development
• 10+ years of software development experience, with hands-on experience in building mobile applications in Android, experience in iOS a plus.
• Object oriented programming experience and should have been using languages like C++ and Java for more than 6 years
• Excellent programming skills, ability to apply design patterns to real problems
• Design and develop client/UI applications for the various mobile operating systems (Android, iOS)
• Strong knowledge of OOA and OOD with exposure to Design Patterns
• Experience in using source code version control like Sub Version
• Ability to effectively communicate complex technical subjects to engineers, product managers, and executives. Should be a strong team player.
• Excellent knowledge of Agile development process
• Ability to quickly learn new technologies and respond to changing requirements and environment.
• Experience with Mobile Security products
• Knowledge of Jira is a plus