* Plans/manages technical programs or projects to meet specific objectives or goals.
* Provides leadership for the project team and key interfaces to the project or program.
* Works on problems/tasks in delivery of a specific product or service.
* Identify tasks, determine dependencies, identify and assign specific resources, communicate expectations to team members, obtain task effort and duration estimates from team members, and create/track the project schedule.
* Assess risk and identify issues.
* Monitor progress against schedule.
* Coordinate resources with other functions.
* Review user and technical requirements for completeness and clarity.
* Requires thorough knowledge of business practices and procedures in order to perform non repetitive, analytical work.
* Provide solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
About the Role
* Manage short and long term projects and programs within McAfee Consumer Engineering. These could be Agile or Waterfall projects.
* Ensures that each project/program meets the goals and objectives and is achieved within the approved timeframe, scope and budget.
* Evaluate project team progress and communicate status effectively and issues to management appropriately
* Keeper of Scrum process. Removes impediments
* Provide services to the Product Owner, Team and Organization [Servant Leader]
* Coach the Product Owner, Team and Organization on scrum process and on ways to increase agility.
* Manage multiple simultaneous cross functional teams and projects across various sites & geographical locations. Work directly with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and IT to gather product requirements, define key tasks, track project deliverables, dependencies, and milestones throughout the complete project lifecycle
* Agile Projects:
o Manage multiple simultaneous scrum teams who work with teams across various sites & geographical locations to deliver releases.
o Responsible for driving Scrum processes, risk management, tracking dependencies and conflict resolution.
o Drive process and achieve results in an ever-changing environment without direct authority.
o Protect the team from external influences and distractions - speak up on behalf of the team when there are corporate impediments to success.
o Knowledgeable about many areas of engineering so they can provide different examples of success for teamsoTrack the Definition of Done and Quality goals.
* Waterfall Projects:
o Experienced in driving project lifecycle processes, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
o Create and maintain detailed project schedules and project management plans, taking into account all dependencies and constraints.
o Manage change in accordance with the change management plant to control scope, quality, schedule, cost, and contracts.
Experience and Skills:
* 8 - 14 years' total experience with 4+ years' managing large projects independently. Minimum 2 years' hands on experience managing agile-scrum projects.
* A good mix of experience managing Waterfall and Agile-scrum projects.
* Experience with project lifecycles, scheduling, risk management, and conflict resolution techniques.
* Willingness to work on fast paced projects including taking meetings & calls beyond normal business hours
* Ability to measure the health of the project/s by using appropriate metrics.
* Experience in working in a product based company is preferred.
* Experience in Software Development and/or Testing will be an added advantage.
* PMI-PMP and CSM certifications are a distinct advantage.