About the Role:
McAfee Premium Support programs help our clients stay productive by helping to prevent problems before they arise and by resolving issues efficiently and quickly if they do. We empower our customers with all the tools and resources they need to stay ahead of threats and thrive—including McAfee Support Account Managers, McAfee Product Specialists, proactive planning, and direct intercession on their behalf. McAfee partners with our customers to make sure the unique needs of their environment are met in the present and anticipated in the future. It’s a real-time level of support — proactive, dedicated, and focused on the customer.
As a “Trusted Advisor”, a Resident Product Specialist will provide onsite technical support to specific customer needs and foster strong relationships between McAfee and its customer and will be relied upon to provide advice and recommendations, based on best practices, for McAfee products across all levels of an organization. The RPS will be an on-site McAfee resource, dedicated to the needs of one customer. They serve as a customer advocate to support the proper functioning of McAfee products deployed throughout the organization. They coordinate the McAfee team and resources needed to resolve issues that prevent the proper operation of products in production. They seek to optimized customer’s investment in McAfee solutions/technology, ensuring proper tracking/monitoring against customer’s operational & business objectives/ROI.
With a goal to support continued renewals and product purchases, they will think strategically and recognize opportunities for revenue generation and competitive displacement, and share that information with their Sales team.
- Provide Advanced Level Support (Tier 3 Level/3rd Line competency) support on a set of customer nominated core McAfee Products (2-3 products) to ensure maximum efficiency and security performance in line with business needs and risk appetite or as advised by the customer’s Operations/Security/Risk team
- Liaise and coordinate with the designated Primary Customer Contacts, as well as other teams concerned with security (Operations, Helpdesk, Risk and Audit.) to ensure proactive and efficient distribution of product and security information relevant to those teams.
- Establish effective lines of communications with McAfee Backline Engineers, Product Development and Product Management for the purposes of coordinating, obtaining updates, and act as the lead tech for the customer to ensure technical accuracy of information pertaining to product issues.
- Represent McAfee with any discussions involving a 3rd Party that affects or impacts existing McAfee solutions in place at the customer site.
- Act as the lead technology expert in the deployments/upgrades of nominated core McAfee products, including assistance in building test scenarios, proof of concepts (for purchased products) and executing pilot programs
- Assess the health of McAfee products and provide recommendations to optimize their maintenance and usage via (but not exclusive to) the McAfee Security Assessment (MSA) or other product reports.
- Incident handling including reporting, case management and escalation
- Present product roadmaps and notifications such as the release of major versions, critical patches and plans to “End of Life/Support” a McAfee product to facilitate planning.
- Provide on-the job knowledge transfer and mentoring to the customers operational teams directly responsible for the deployment, maintenance and upgrade of the McAfee solutions. This is to ensure redundancy exists within the organization.
- The RPS will handle service requests raised and works directly with Platinum resources to ensure that problems are solved as quickly as possible.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of McAfee product issues for all severity 1 issues and provide an official report
- Perform hands-on situational appraisal of incidents raised, troubleshoot issues, provide mitigation as well as remediation plans and see through the issues until resolution
- Strong personal computing skills in Windows 2000/XP and Windows Server 2003
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP Networking, hardware, protocols, LAN configuration, security architectures and LAN/WAN technologies.
- Strong knowledge of security hardware, software, and management platform with emphasis on installation, troubleshooting, upgrading, integration, and client/server operations.
- Solid knowledge of the use and configuration of virtual environments such as VMWare.
- Experience in technical support environment with named or dedicated accounts.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize job requirements.
- Strong personal and telephone interaction/communication skills at the business professional services level
- Strong project management and consultative skills
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Tertiary education, either University or Technical college, in computer science or a related field
- IT / IT Security certifications, CompTIA Security and/or CISSP Certification preferred
- Progress towards, or completion of, certifications with Microsoft, Sun, or Linux is desired.
- Strong knowledge of the McAfee Security product line.
- Experience supporting McAfee products and advanced or emerging security technologies strongly preferred.
Who We Are
What makes McAfee a great place to work is our culture of achievement, innovation and community contribution. As the largest dedicated security company in the world, we have the scale to offer career opportunities on a global basis, yet are small enough to care about our employees' individual ambitions.
Ours is a workplace environment where fresh thinking and originality are encouraged. We personify the dynamic nature of the IT industry – we are agile, passionate and performance driven. We are relentless in our pursuit of success, and we bring the best out of our people with family friendly policies, exceptional training, professional development, recognition and remuneration.
Recognizing that our people are central to our ability to deliver on our business outcomes, McAfee strives to foster a work environment that attracts, develops and retains talented individuals. We are committed to continuously improving employee engagement and strengthening our working environment.
Our people flourish in a culture that encourages open-mindedness, collaboration and results. It's a fast-paced environment that is stimulating and exciting, with an emphasis on thinking outside the square.
More importantly, McAfee is a workplace where people are encouraged to be themselves. For some the most rewarding aspect of their job is the open-door policy and the ability to interact with others, irrespective of their position. For others, it's being in a workplace that supports and enables them to be the best they can be. And, for a number of people it's knowing their contribution is valued, recognized and rewarded
In short, it's this straight-forward culture that makes McAfee, importantly; we genuinely care for each other. We are a team, working together to succeed, professionally and personally.
Amazing organizations don't just happen. Vision, strategy and innovation come to life through exquisite execution. Help create the future of McAfee, where our diverse talent and culture provide the competitive advantage to help McAfee win big!
Resident Product Specialist provide onsite technical support to specific customer needs and foster strong relationships between McAfee and its customer and will be relied upon to provide advice and recommendations, based on best practices, for McAfee products across all levels of an organization. The RPS will be an on-site McAfee resource, dedicated to the needs of one customer.