- Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Min. 4-7 years of software development experience.
- 3+ years of web services development experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python, Go or Node.js
- Knowledge in LAMP stack, Python on Linux, will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture
- Solid understanding of web frameworks such as Tornado, Flask etc.
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python
- Solid understanding of Caching Implementation e.g. MemCached.
- Experience working with a NOSQL system such as Cassandra or CouchBase is desirable.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desirable.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools e.g. Git, Mercurial or SVN. We use Git/Geritt based systems.
At McAfee, we live for the challenge of protecting and liberating our customers by staying ahead of the bad guys in our relentless search for safe. And in a world where computing devices are everywhere, delivering on this mission has become imperative. There has never been a better time to be part of McAfee, We are working on new and exciting products & services that are built on cutting edge technologies. Do you want to work in a fun and challenging area with passionate and creative people dedicated to protecting end-users as they enjoy their digital life? If the answer is yes, then this role is for you!
Most consumers today use home gateway and other devices provided through various ISPs to connect their digital devices to the internet. This team intends to build a consumer security software solution for the home gateway platform. Goal is to secure large number of consumer iOT devices.
We aspire to hire a senior web service developer to help us build Cloud Service API for our home gateway platform. Cloud services will be consumed by gateway as well as Mobile devices. Cloud services will be instrumental in processing large-scale analytics data received from the field. They will also have integration with other billing and subscription services. In future the team will also build a web management dash-board to manage all aspects of the digital home.
We are looking for a developer with extensive experience building web-services using SOAP or REST-based API frameworks. Candidate will be responsible for building a high performance REST-based API that will help connect the Mobile systems to the home gateway. They will also be building high performance back-end servers that will scale across millions of users across geographies.
This position is based out of our Bangalore office in India.
• Write reusable and efficient code using Python leveraging a framework such as Tornado/Flask.
• Develop RESTful services that will be consumed across Mobile devices and gateway platforms.
• Implement back-end architecture that can scale to handle large number of concurrent users.
• Design efficient caching systems and algorithms using a known method e.g. “MemCached”.
• Scale the platform on AWS services or home-grown infrastructure.
• Be an active participant in an Agile Scrum environment helping to build the web-services platform for the home gateway product.