About the Role:
The Director, Executive Communications and Internal Communications, reports to the Vice President of McAfee Corporate Communications. The selected candidate will be a proven leader in setting integrated communications strategy and driving collaboration in support of corporate strategic initiatives, with accountability for managing two teams: Executive Communications and Internal Communications. The Executive Communications team works collaboratively across McAfee’s business units to ensure communications align company-wide. The Internal Communications team builds and strengthens connections between employees, and helps them understand how their work connects to McAfee’s overall vision and mission.
Develop and oversee executive and internal communications planning to sustain strategy momentum, and implement new and innovative approaches to extend messaging reach and optimize impact. Ensure pan-organization alignment in how the McAfee story is told. Nurture editorial and content creation to produce and deliver high-quality communications across multiple channels and formats. Assist the vice president in conceptualization and development of large-scale, high-level communications projects in support of senior leadership and external stakeholders. Engage with trusted and diverse influential communicators to foster and shape company culture. Lead and participate on cross-functional teams to plan, coordinate, and deliver projects in partnership with Public Relations and Analyst Relations peers. Develop relationships with key stakeholder groups (e.g., marketing and HR, others) to understand and address essential communications needs. Manage a high-performing communications team by hiring and developing talent, setting priorities, and directing implementation of project-based and ongoing efforts. Guide and prioritize team's work to ensure focus on priorities that have the most impact. Monitor and evaluate communications effectiveness, utilizing metrics and audience analysis to identify risks and adjust strategy and approach as needed.
- 15+ years of experience in a senior-level position with responsibility over multidisciplinary functions in global organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact credibly with executive management, business stakeholders, and other staff
- A proven background in strategic leadership and a track record of achieving successful results in a global environment
- Experience developing and implementing change management strategies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and formulate recommendations that will work for a wide variety of audiences
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and communication skills in positions requiring communication with a broad and diverse audience at all levels of the organization
- Experience and ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced and complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and teams to effectively achieve clear, yet complex goals and objectives
- Problem-solving attitude and desire to have fun while doing great work