Job Title: Senior Manager, Operations
Description: McAfee Labs Production Operations team is looking for a highly-motivated leader adept at planning, organizing and supervising an Operations team owning a cyber-security process. The Production Operations group is responsible for the technology, systems and processes to build, test and release McAfee’s malware definition (DAT) files each day. Reporting to the Director, Engineering you will be responsible for people, process and technology leadership.
Reports to: Director, Engineering (based in USA)
Location: Aylesbury, UK
- DAT Production Operations operates 7 days a week, 363 days a year. From time-to-time you may be called upon outside normal working hours for hierarchical escalations
Skills and experiences summary
- Experience building and/or managing an Operations team in an enterprise or cyber-security focused organization
- Experience with leading the automation and improvement of manual processes to reduce toil and improve operational safety, quality and speed
- Comfortable with defining and implementing a strategy for the Operations team and related technologies
- Experience working with Operations teams to establish roadmaps to improve their current capabilities, increase effectiveness of analysis, and develop the functional/operational processes and procedures to support their mission
- Working alongside Engineering teams
- People management
- Stakeholder management
- Core service management/ITIL processes to include incident, problem, change, configuration and service level management.
- “Can do” attitude
- Ability to apply pragmatism to make informed assessments
- Shows passion, drive, determination and a strong work ethic to succeed
- Demonstrates an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Confident, personable, ability to work to deadlines
- Enjoys interacting with people all around the company
- Enjoys working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service attitude
- Conscientious and ensures the success of the team and the wider business
McAfee is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity!
Click here for full EEO statement.
This position is responsible for managing our Production Operations team, delivering protection content (DAT files) to our customers daily and safely. Key responsibilities of the team are building, testing and deploying this protection content. Operational excellence is required, as is the desire and skill to continue to increase the degree of automation, quality and safety of these processes and systems.