Role: McAfee Security Professional Services Consultant
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Clearance Required: Top Secret with SCI (TS/SCI)
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry top performers, we aim to develop optimized high-performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
Specific tasks and experience include (but not limited to):
- Deliver onsite and remote security application/endpoint protection designs, implementations and training for a wide variety of customers.
- Be able to identify gaps in application and endpoint security architecture and recommend strategies using a combination of industry-standard security best practices, software controls and other necessary changes to promote a higher level of information security practices.
- Write formal reports, architecture designs, optimization guides and best-practice white papers covering a variety of security topics.
- Participate in conference calls, onsite meetings and roundtables with customers, sales, internal product development and support to gather data, scope new and existing work, evaluate or suggest new product features and assist in resolving existing product issues.
- Recognize and generate potential product and consulting services sales leads when appropriate and necessary.
- Be able to illustrate and explain use cases for implementation of SIEM alarms, Watchlists, reporting and correlations of data from and covering multiple data sources.
- Detailed understanding of the TCP and IP protocol suites and ability to dissect and explain the contents of traffic and packets.
- Experience with configuration of debug, event generation and logging functionality within application and operating systems, using Syslog or flat file generation.
- Design, implement and optimize applications within a virtualized environment.
- Prior experience of two (2) or more years within an Information Security consulting, analysis or management role where SIEMs/SEMs and other log analysis technologies were principal technologies actively used.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
Any of the following skills and experience are a plus –
- Any experience with McAfee core technologies for Endpoint or Network Security
- Prior experience using McAfee SIEM.
- Experience working in a NOC/SOC environment.