Santa Clara, CA
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry’s top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, developer or may other roles we have at McAfee, as long as you are passionate about things that matters.
As a Data Analyst a typical day might include following:
Helping to understand and optimize business performance across McAfee Mobile and ISP business segments. Through Data mining, predictive modeling, customer segmentation and forecasting, the data analyst will focus on supporting multiple teams and must be committed to answering questions that help us build the best products and develop best practices in marketing, user experience and communication. The Data analyst will also develop high-quality models to gain deeper insights into how people interact with the digital world and specifically McAfee products.
• Act independently to identify and evangelize opportunities for improved analysis and efficiency through better data and analytics practices.
• Work closely with business and engineering teams to encourage statistical best practices with respect to experimental design, data capture and data analysis.
• Develop and demonstrate improved analysis methodologies and educate stakeholders throughout the company.
• Support the optimization of sales and marketing efforts via data mining, modeling, user segmentation and forecasting.
• Degree in Statistics and/or a relevant technical field, or 4+ years of experience in a relevant role
• Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying data sources
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis and analytic approaches in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Familiarity with relational databases and SQL-like query languages
You are good at:
• Expert knowledge of a scientific computing language such as R, Python, or Julia
• Experience working with data-distributed query tools a plus (Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
• Excellent analytical skills preferably from experience including data manipulation and statistical analysis
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the desire to apply those skills in analyzing complex business problems
• Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, cross functional, and sometimes highly pressured
• Ability to thrive under tight deadlines and high-pressure situations
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
We Play to Win or Don’t Play
We Innovate without Fear
We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.