Software Development Engineer
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry’s top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, developer or may other roles we have at McAfee, as long as you are passionate about things that matters.
As a Software Development Engineer a typical day might include following:
Being challenged with system level issues like crashes/hangs etc., which requires continuous learning on debugging and improving your skills on both user and windows kernel concepts. It's an opportunity to work on security product(s) which have been deployed on millions of nodes so far.
Software Engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. You will determine computer user needs, advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements, designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgement and formal software process.
• We are looking for Software Development Engineers who take pride in coding and solving complex problems.
• 2+ years of Development Experience on Windows
• Experience in C/C++ programming on Windows
• Knowledge of Windows operating system architecture, memory management mechanism, synchronization and file systems
• Networking knowledge and ability to analyze network traffic using sniffers (e.g. Ethereal, Windows LANAnalyzer) is a plus
• Understanding of Windows internals and experience with kernel development is desired
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills such as Windows Crash Dumps is desired.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
• We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
• We Play to Win or Don’t Play
• We Innovate without Fear
• We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
• We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.