About the Role:
A Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET] is a developer with the primary responsibility of effective assurance of product quality through test automation, code inspections, peer reviews, white-box testing and other forms of engineering excellence. It is a unique and challenging role that calls for a strong passion for quality and technology, while providing an immense opportunity to design and develop wide-reaching tools. It combines the “building” aspect of software development with the “testing” part of quality assurance. As an SDET you can analyze business requirements and scenarios very well. Be part of white box testing team, create test plans, test cases and build test frameworks to execute them.
- Analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution.
- Work closely with developers and extend automated unit test cases and share test code.
- Collaborate with developers to create White box test strategy, test plans from functional specifications.
- Responsible for White box testing during Unit/Integration test phase.
- Design and implementation of automated test framework.
- Develop tests for API dependencies.
- Ensure testability in code and measure code coverage data regularly.
- Set up and run code reviews.
- Ensures a product quality through continuous testing and refinement of the code base.
- Building custom test automation frameworks and automation scripts for BVT.
- Help QA team to arrive at correct set of black box test cases for any code change made during testing phase.
Do Not Use