This position is for a development engineer for the McAfee Consumer Platform Product Development team. The candidate will be responsible for design development and maintenance of various projects executed by the Development team.
Candidate should be able to work in a dynamic fast paced environment delivering solutions to support multiple projects in their development needs.
- Candidate should have good design skills and have good skills in the Microsoft web development technologies.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming principles. Thorough understanding and practicing SOLID principles.
- Participate in code reviews and provide and accept reviews.
- Interact with Peer teams in other GEOs and with other teams present locally.
- Candidate must have an excellent analytical skills.
- Should be able to review PRDs, analyze and implement solutions.
- Candidate will develop / support internal tools.
- Analyze all the solution options in a given project, and ability to identify the ease to maintain / high performance solutions and implement.
- Gain familiarity with managing product releases and tracking issues.
- The candidate is expected to collaborate closely with program management, QA and other development teams.
- Good communication skills, having worked with multiple teams in offsite locations a plus.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science or equivalent.
- Exposure to developing Web based applications with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Familiarity in .Net: C#, ASP.Net, XML, XSL, JS, T-SQL, SQL Server.
- Exposure to writing SQL and SQL optimization for high volume databases.
- Development experience in MVC and WCF / Asmx services.
- Exposure to unit testing with MsTest , Mocking framework and Continuous Integration is beneficial.
- Must have the passion to work with technology and complex systems
- Show enthusiasm in analyzing requirements, able to understand impact on existing systems and come up with an all-encompassing solution
- Passion to work with demanding customers
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player.
- Able to adopt to coding best practices and standards
- Able to clearly document, user stories/use cases, functional specification and design.
- Able to convert a problem statement to a design and implementation.
- Ability to interpret architecture and provide implementation documents.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Able to document details of functionality, design and architecture of a component.
- Able to participate in weekly code reviews with engineers.
- Is able to understand impact of code changes- both programmable and logical changes.
- Is able to “piece together” relevant existing functionality and quickly come up with a prototype or solution.
- Facilitate or host reviews on Application source code and technical documentation.
- Ability to work independently working with a team of Engineers locally and peer teams abroad with minimum guidance.
- Out of box thinking.
Do Not Use