The International Tax Manager position is responsible for managing the McAfee's international tax strategy, planning and compliance efforts. Responsibilities include the U.S. compliance requirements of international operations, transfer pricing, and cash tax forecasting. This person will be actively involved in the international tax aspects of global tax provision processes and controversy management. The individual will develop effective working relationships with management, as well as finance and other operating personnel.
- Work with International Tax leader external advisors and other functions on international tax planning, including M&A, tax structuring, cash repatriation planning, international reorganizations, tax incentives Coordination with Treasury on cash management policy, intercompany financing, and cash tax forecasting
- Manage U.S. tax aspects of foreign operations, including calculation of FTC position, maintenance of E&P and tax pools, Subpart F income, and other attributes driving U.S. tax liability on foreign activities
- Provide support to income tax reporting team for quarterly ASC 740 analysis and documentation with respect to foreign earnings and operations
- Review international tax provision and follow-up with non-U.S. tax leads and controllers on questions
- Oversee international tax aspects of U.S. federal income tax audit and support foreign tax controversy matters as required
- Manage U.S. international tax compliance activities: review of international sections of U.S. federal income tax returns Forms 1118, 5471, 8858 etc.
- Participate in development and implementation of transfer pricing strategy and policies, BEPS compliance and preparation of intercompany agreements and transfer pricing documentation
- Research and document tax technical issues and monitor key U.S. and foreign tax legislative or regulatory initiatives
- Guide and mentor international tax staff and encourage/spur professional development and growth
- 5-8 years international tax experience background with experience in tax accounting and tax compliance in Big 4 or large global public corporation tax function position
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or Master's or JD degree preferred
- Strong background in international taxes and related compliance processes
- Knowledge of partnership taxation a preferred
- Proven track record of working closely with various groups within a corporate structure including treasury, finance, accounting, operations, etc.
- Strong track record of problem solving, strategic/creative thinking and business communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks/activities simultaneously
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
• 5-8 years international tax experience background with experience in tax accounting and tax compliance in Big 4 or large global public corporation tax function position
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA and/or Master's or JD degree preferred
• Strong background in international taxes and related compliance processes
• Knowledge of partnership taxation a preferred
• Proven track record of working closely with various groups within a corporate structure including treasury, finance, accounting, operations, etc.
• Strong track record of problem solving, strategic/creative thinking and business communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks/activities simultaneously