This Revenue Manager position plays a critical role in consumer revenue, while doing so in an international environment and with a highly-recognized household, name-brand company.
The primary focus for this position on day one will be to demonstrate full ownership of our OEM and consumer business, which has gross revenues greater than $1 billion. This role will also be involved with accounting for our various contra revenue, COGS and marketing activities that promote consumer revenue. This role will evolve over time as we make critical acquisitions. We are seeking an innovative problem-solver with a strong mind for efficiency, technology, and controls. Working for a fast-moving, private-equity owned company, the successful candidate should be prepared to grow, learn, evolve quickly, and to conquer new challenges daily. This role is based in Plano, Texas.
Job Duties include:
- Serving as key member of the consumer revenue team
- Working with multiple teams across the organization (marketing, legal, sales, sales finance, FP&A, Deal Desk, support, accounts payable, close and reporting) to assist with deal negotiations and to communicate revenue or contra revenue recognition due to contract terms
- Reviewing contracts and individual sales transactions for proper revenue recognition based on guidance under ASC 606, ASC 605, EITF 01-09, ASC 985-605 Software Revenue Recognition, and company's revenue recognition policies.
- Assisting in preparation of technical accounting memos on significant transactions
- Preparing journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations
- Communicating in a professional, precise and clear manner (both written and verbal).
- Working with both internal and external auditors related to the financial statement audit and control reviews
- Manipulating large quantities of data within excel
- Completing special projects, as needed
- Identifying areas of improvement in policies, procedures and operating methods
- Driving the implementation of solutions that address specific issues or provide improved efficiencies
- Willing and capable of multi-tasking in a dynamic work environment with a willingness to do what it takes to complete a task
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 7 + years of Big 4 or 2nd Tier public audit, or Corporate Accounting experience
- Experience with software clients and/or industry experience with software revenue recognition preferred
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills required
- Demonstrates proficiency in technical accounting and strong business acumen
- Self-motivated, deadline-driven, ability to work autonomously with little oversight
- Excellent Excel experience; must be able to manipulate large amounts of data
- ERP experience preference towards SAP and Hyperion.
- Ability to prioritize task and meet strict reporting deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain internal / external relationships.
- CPA and Software Revenue experience preferred.
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Do Not Use