Software Development Engineer
With the mission of capturing the biggest market share in the area of cyber security, network security, endpoint security, threat research, malware research, cloud security, we work together for a common goal of shaping the company’s future by designing and building the best in class robust and scalable security products for consumer and enterprise customers. As industry’s top performers, we aim to develop optimized high performance system software solutions with high availability and reliability.
This is where you come in. We are looking for a new team member who defined by his/her unique and innovative skills, style or point of view. You can be an architect, scientist, threat researcher, developer or may other roles we have at McAfee, as long as you are passionate about things that matters.
As a Software Development Engineer a typical day might include following:
- Creating and designing automation frameworks that work across multiple devices and platforms
- Creating tests for complex systems of features and test multiple integrated API’s
- Building automated tests using existing tools and frameworks to expose defects in product code
- Working directly with Developers, QA Engineers, and Technical Program Managers to ensure proper development and quality of our applications and platforms
- Promote QA productivity through automation, tools, and other best practices
- Work in an agile development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff
- Mentor junior software quality engineers
- Work cross-functionally with various teams
- Contribute to the design and architecture of the project
- Experience with Agile Development and SCRUM
- Understanding of Windows internals
- Good Knowledge on Windows Internals
- API test expertise
What you will do…
- Develops Test software as the primary job function
- Debug Development and Test code
- Tests complex software in any field e.g., systems software, software development tools, applications, drivers, UI's, web.
- Expert in writing Automation Test code for Integration Test
- strong knowledge in windows, windows drivers
- Hands on experience in scripting language, preferably Python
- Ability to go through automation scripts written by others to debug in case of test failures
- Should be able to manually execute any test scenario. This will be required to debug any failed test case.
- Exploratory skills to explore scenarios around bugs
- Knowledge of Windows crash dump analysis.
- BS+ in Computer Science, Computer Eng. required
- 4- 6+ yrs as Solid programming and Testing exp , at least 4+years of Automation Development experience in C/C++ or Python
- Candidates should possess a strong technical background in computer science, a good grasp of software engineering principles, exceptional problem-solving skills, and a high degree of creativity
- Software Security Domain background would be a plus
You are good at:
- Strong Communication skills and should be able to work with teams across globe.
- Research capability to find new and innovative solutions to problems
- Strong work ethics.
- Team Work
The competition for this role is fierce and so is our interview process. Are you ready for the challenge?
To relentlessly protect all that matters through leading edge cyber security, from your workplace to your home and everywhere in between.
To enable a world where cyber security is so consistent, reliable and effective that it becomes a trusted foundation in our lives – like clean air and water. Our technology enables the world to fully realize the transformative power of the digital age, by protecting all that matters. By doing our job well, we drive limitless innovation, securely.
We live our values day in and day out, do you think you can live our values with us? If you can, don’t think, just connect with us. Together is power.
- We achieve Excellence with Speed and Agility
- We Play to Win or Don’t Play
- We Innovate without Fear
- We Practice Inclusive Candor and Transparency
- We Put the Customer at the Core
Join our Talent Community: http://careers.mcafee.com/
McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
Do Not Use