The Consumer Engineering Summer Intern Program is a 12-week assignment within McAfee where interns undertake a challenging project designed to blend strategic and operational work. You will be provided with a full network of individuals to ensure you have an incredible internship experience! You will also be assigned a controller level mentor and a peer level buddy to help you navigate and network through the organization.
This is a paid internship with summer internship positions available at the following Intel U.S. sites: Santa Clara, CA.
What you’ll do
McAfee has exciting software engineering internship opportunities for Undergrad & MS candidates. As a member of the Secure Home Platform Engineering team, you will have opportunities to analyze business issues, recommend solutions, demonstrate your analytical and problem solving abilities and work with peers and business partners to influence business decisions that maximize shareholder value.
Our project’s niche is the home gateway. We are building a consumer security solution that runs on your home modem/router communicating with a robust, highly scalable cloud. We are selling the product to retail manufactures with a Go to Market (GTM) strategy of acquiring major Internet Service Providers (ISPs). With this new product, McAfee aims to protect all devices in your home - even those quirky Internet of Things (IOT) like your smart Thermostat.
Our team is looking for a Software Developer to help with frontend (UI) and backend (Cloud API) development.
An ideal candidate should be skilled in two or more of the following - Python (Tornado), AngularJS, Cassandra (NoSQL) and have expertise with the Linux platform. Experience with NGiNX, and similar Web Proxies is a plus. The candidate should have a short learning curve and be able to adapt to new platforms.
We are looking for candidates with strong technical aptitude to be part of our team. If this interests you, please apply for this position.
- McAfee is looking for Undergraduate and MS candidates with graduation dates between December 2018 and June 2019 with degree emphasis in Computer Science/Computer Engineering and minimum 3.0 GPA
- Web application development experience.
- Knowledge of high availability, scalable cloud architecture design
- Excellent knowledge in OOAD, Component Oriented Software Design, OO & design patterns
- Hands-on and proficient in Python and AngularJS
- Experience with the software development lifecycle for RESTful APIs
- Experience with NoSQL databases (Cassandra), and caching (MemCache)
- Unrestricted legal right to work at the location you are applying for is required
Nice to have
- Experience in ‘Go’ programming language.
- Experience with Asynchronous frameworks (e.g.: Python Tornado)
- Experience in Linux. Scripting, Debugging & Troubleshooting
- Sound understanding of Networking Concepts and Configuration
- Sound understanding of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, HTTPS
- Understanding of Firewalls, IDS is preferable
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving, influence, leadership and communication skills
What we offer you
- We give you opportunities to transform cybersecurity and create a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As a key player in one of the fastest-growing technology sectors, we create a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and unique benefits that cater to your needs.
- We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! McAfee employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
We're constantly working on making a more connected and intelligent future, and we need your help. Change tomorrow. Start today.
Do Not Use